Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    the existing community did a great job of fashioning the pve complexities of the game.
    Unfortunately it is apparent you did very little in the way of helping to make pvp just as intricate as the pve. We, the pvp community, are here to help correct that oversight.

We want the pvp dynamic to be just as complex and intricate as the pve models already present. A solid set of pvp mechanics is crucial to making this an actual 'world' and not just just a statatic building sim.

Unfortunately 'we' have met a lot of resistance to the concept of improving the pvp experience- and thus need t speak loudly and often to keep from getting shouted down by those that would prefer little-to-no pvp.

In the end, its the devs game, and they will build what they want. Ideally this will be a place where both groups find purpose and entertainment. Swing too far your way, we ( aand our friends and our cash) go away - too far our way and the pve /crafter group dwindles. *shrug* for us its jjust a game - for them it pays the rent....i guess we'll see how the pendelum swings in the future.

Oh, lest i forget
    Crai more n00b

Xoxo
    You seem to think that community has greater impact on game than we have. I joined couple of week's before the wave of new players. There were like 2 new posts daily so I had time to read old posts and try to understand game concept.

The game looks like it does becouse Jordi made it this way not community. People made sugestions about implemented features or concepts Jordi shared with the community.
    PvP after prelude wasn't discused becouse Jordi hasn't decided/shared with us how it will look like. When he does we'll have chance to make sugestions.

But it's anoying when people don't uderstand this and say "we want siedge in prelude" and anyone who tries to explain that it's not really possible is called carebear and PvP hater.
    You can't implement feature that hasn't been coded(or designed). Jordi focuses on features he planned to implement first.

So calm down, there will be time to talk about siedge, conquest and war. Play the game for what it is now.

You know why some people complain? Because some of us have played many, many games that share traits that this game has or will have and are making suggestions that will best balance the game for everyone involved. Not just for one type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    You seem to think that community has greater impact on game than we have. I joined couple of week's before the wave of new players. There were like 2 new posts daily so I had time to read old posts and try to understand game concept.

The game looks like it does becouse Jordi made it this way not community. People made sugestions about implemented features or concepts Jordi shared with the community.
    PvP after prelude wasn't discused becouse Jordi hasn't decided/shared with us how it will look like. When he does we'll have chance to make sugestions.

But it's anoying when people don't uderstand this and say "we want siedge in prelude" and anyone who tries to explain that it's not really possible is called carebear and PvP hater.
    You can't implement feature that hasn't been coded(or designed). Jordi focuses on features he planned to implement first.

So calm down, there will be time to talk about siedge, conquest and war. Play the game for what it is now.
    The whole point of this game is supposed to be Tribal Warfare. If he hasn't even designed it yet then why did he let people buy it? This game looks less and less done every day. Forget about paid beta, we're playing paid alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    The whole point of this game is supposed to be Tribal Warfare. If he hasn't even designed it yet then why did he let people buy it? This game looks less and less done every day. Forget about paid beta, we're playing paid alpha.
    Hmm...no sir I don't think the whole point of Xsyon is tribal warfare. I think there's a bit more to it then that. Other then the "OMFG TRIBAL WAREFARE NOOW" people, alot of us are enjoying this game for what it is and that's rebuilding society after an apocalypse.

What you suggest Mrcalhou would be true IF it had been done in a civilized manner.

Sadly it was not. Folks saw things they liked and decided to raise a ruckus over features they would like so as to make Xyson their "Perfect" game.

Truth is, it is NOT... Let me repeat that again so it is not misunderstood... NOT our game. It never was or will be. It is just a game we can choose to play or not.

Ranting, threats, screaming, forum wars, overly strong opinions on features not even in game is just childish.

The entire game is not about tribal warfare

That point aside, are you just now noticing all of this? it barely even has combat

Where did you read that gameplay will be focused on tribal warfare? Link please.
    There will be war, but we don't need war to support economy decay will do it just fine. Take a look at Planet Calypso.

There are going to be strategic resources that tribes will be able to claim, we need war to be able to take control over those resources, otherwise first one that claimed them would have them forever, it could be a monopoly that we can't do anything about.

Seriously, what made you think that ? Tribal warfare isn't even mentioned on the Feature page and has never been mentioned in any interview with the developer.

From what I can see, and not wanting to get into a huge argument about it, people do not research this game before they buy it. Before I bought this game I had a read around, made sure I had an idea of what features were implemented and planned, and looked at guides and tutorials before I bought it.

But every day I see people log into the game and say; "What do i do". Clearly people are seeing one feature they like and just buying it... finding out it is not what they want, and then polling to try to get people to their wavelength.

I'm not a grizzled vet of the game, and I don't think it matters too much how long you have been playing, but if you buy the game without researching it at all? Well don't ask for your money back, just think of it as stupid tax, and go somewhere else.

I blame DF, MO and Earthrise. If one of them would get their act together these people would have some where else to call home. Instead, they are roaming the “internets” looking to mold another games path into the unrealized vision of those games.

In my opinion, if you bought this game for the uber pvp potential you are going to be disappointed.