Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    For starters, this is more than a game. It's something like a very fun simulator or experiment with game theory as one aspect. The very nature of this game being a true sandbox means the players themselves will determine where the game goes, and what constitutes game play. It is about rebuilding a society, using the tools and resources available to us. Tribal warefare will be part of the game, and some people will concentrate on this aspect. I suggest you find one of those tribes if that is what you want out of the game. Some tribes plan to concentrate on trade, some will become roving bands of Nomads, or entertainers, some will farm animals, some will become political and seek to rule, etc.

In other words, this has the potential to be a serious long-term blast of a game, and the developer has chosen not to hold our hands, or shove us into a certain style of play. Embrace it, and forge your own adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    The whole point of this game is supposed to be Tribal Warfare. If he hasn't even designed it yet then why did he let people buy it? This game looks less and less done every day. Forget about paid beta, we're playing paid alpha.
    I really don't see how you can say the whole point of this game is supposed to be tribal warfare. i have no clue what you are smoking, but even i joining just a couple weeks ago knew that was not the case.

1. Tribal warfare is not even mentioned in the feature list, PVP is barely mentioned at all
    2. 95% of the feature list is PVE related.
    3. The man Jordi himself has decribed xyson in various interviews that have been linked in many threads stating that the point and focus of xsyon prelude is about crafting and building and that PVP was and is not going to be the driving force of his vision. There will be pvp and then tribal warfare eventually but i bet it will not meet some of the expectations here espically the hardcore PVP only players that came from MO,DF and so on.

I wouldnt worry too much about people whining about changing the game at the moment. Things seemed to have gone pretty quiet on the forums on that score. Its actually fairly civilised again, i can only assume a few psychopaths have been banned.

Hopizerg inc!

Seriously, you prove my point on why we (the pvp crowd) has been loud.

Just about every posted pvp concept that gets posted gets a pve shout down
    - this isnt a pvp game
    - look at cobat, does this look like a pvp game
    - jordi isnt building this for combat
    - pvp is an afterthought on purpose
    - this is our game go back to whwerver you came from

You know what? If the devs came out and said, this is not a pvp game. This is a crafting andcity building simulator. Pvp is not a signicant focus and will be a tertiary priority to city building and crafting elents of the game. This is the world as the pve contingent would have us believe. If the devs said this, we'd be out of your precious little shangri-la of kumbaya.

So, devs, whats the deal?

You heard 'em Dub. Before we showed up (the PvPer's who saw an open world in which you could create your own faction) this forum had one or two posts a day.

For a few weeks we tried to play and figure out what this game would be about. Sever shutdowns and lag prevented us from finding out.

Once that stabilized we realized something pretty horrendous: there's nothing to do.

We can craft useless houses, useless armor, useless weapons or fish. Full loot is negated by impenetrable bags and the fact that if you run around wearing heavy armor all you've accomplished is encumber yourself.

I sure as hell know the vast majority of VD isn't sticking around to pay monthly fees if we even muster five people to plant a totem anyway.

This game is going to be quite again soon if this keeps up. Enjoy making shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Hopizerg inc!

Seriously, you prove my point on why we (the pvp crowd) has been loud.

Just about every posted pvp concept that gets posted gets a pve shout down
    - this isnt a pvp game
    - look at cobat, does this look like a pvp game
    - jordi isnt building this for combat
    - pvp is an afterthought on purpose
    - this is our game go back to whwerver you came from

You know what? If the devs came out and said, this is not a pvp game. This is a crafting andcity building simulator. Pvp is not a signicant focus and will be a tertiary priority to city building and crafting elents of the game. This is the world as the pve contingent would have us believe. If the devs said this, we'd be out of your precious little shangri-la of kumbaya.

So, devs, whats the deal?
    Let's leave Hopi out of this we're not on a quest to destroy PvP. Every one that posts, posts for him/herself.

Maybe if you weren't that agresive and didn't take everything as an attack on you or PvP we could have civilized discussion.
    The problem is that every idea that isn't total war, every tribe has to fight, everything has to be destroyable, economy should be around war gets shut down by PvP crowd as well.

PvP will probably be big part of gameplay and it should be, but not the main part. Main part of the game should be rebuilding society.
    Why main lands can't be safe from conquer? I want to see main towns as NPC towns in other games - trading centers, social meeting spots.
    Why should every tribe be the same(crafters+fighters)?
    If I want to have small village focused on farming, animal herding, hunting and trading, why should I have a fortress?

If my town get's damaged during siedge(raid), great we'll have something to do, but if you take it than we'll have few to hundred(s) people that doesn't have house(drops comfort -> drops every skill). Finding a new spot will take a lot of time rebuilding will take even more. So basicly most people will join other tribes if they have place or leave the game.

I personaly don't care for direct PvP I never liked it and I'm not good at it. But I love economical warfare and politics, I don't want to be dragged into PvP becouse you want it.

We won't get compromise if everyone will try to force their vision and not listen to the other side.

The front page of this website asks you if you will fight for justice or destroy the world. Sounds like PvP is important to me.

Also what was this thread about again? Trying to get the PvPer's to shut up? Looks like the Devs know who'll bring in population and they're moving fast to cater to our wants. New war server to test tribal warfare as soon as possible. Seems pretty clear to me that we shouldn't shut up at all. Seems like we should get louder.

I like the idea of them testing combat on a different server, at least being on the peace server will allow us to to get it right from learning from war's mistakes and bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    The front page of this website asks you if you will fight for justice or destroy the world. Sounds like PvP is important to me.

Also what was this thread about again? Trying to get the PvPer's to shut up? Looks like the Devs know who'll bring in population and they're moving fast to cater to our wants. New war server to test tribal warfare as soon as possible. Seems pretty clear to me that we shouldn't shut up at all. Seems like we should get louder.
    Or maybe, just maybe...are trying to protect the others from being pked again and again just because you can until they get sick of it and quit.

Not that this is gonna stop griefers from making a char on Peace server just to do what they're good at, annoy other players. Heck, several of them already confirmed this ingame

Quote Originally Posted by MiMoSeTH View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe...are trying to protect the others from being pked again and again just because you can until they get sick of it and quit.

Not that this is gonna stop griefers from making a char on Peace server just to do what they're good at, annoy other players. Heck, several of them already confirmed this ingame
    I can bet that a lot of guide intervention use be used to stomp out the griefers, NG seems to state quite well they are anti-griefing and will use their own discretion instead of some handguide to tell if you play to be a douchebag.