Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I'm sorry mate, but in this case your intentions are not what will actually be manifested. The two servers will ultimately become Good & Evil on their own because of the players themselves. The more aggressive players are who would have ended up being "evil" if we were on one server - these people will mostly be on the War server. The more reactive/passive players are who would have ended up being "good" if we were on one server - these people will pretty much all be on the Peace server. Good & evil (in a game like this) should have a symbiotic relationship, not be separated.

So, while you may not intend to be making a good server & an evil server, that's what you're gonna get.
    You seem to be assuming that all PvPers are only "evil" players. Hate to break to you but you are horribly horribly wrong. There are plenty of us who prefer to fight against the "evil" or "griefer" players. Im actually hoping that you wind up being somewhat right though and mos tof them to align evil so I have more people to fight without having to turn evil myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    FOR THE WAR SERVER! Griefing =/= pvp people join up! This is the true vision of the game and i hope the population follows it!
    hey look, another pvp'er who thinks his vision of the game is THE vision of the game, nevermind the devs plans for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    I dont get how people can keep equating the 2 servers with a sure failure of the game. EVE? Thats 1 of a couple hundred that worked out well in its situation. In comparison, how many multi server MMOs have been succesful? A hell of a lot more than 1. Like i pointed out in my last post with my quote from the update. Its about choices & balance.

All i see from people like you is trying to force YOUR way of playing on everyone else. The 2 servers gives everyone a way to play their way later down the road. 1 is safe, 1 has a lot of risk. Cant handle the risk? Stick to Peace server. But for now, they ar eboth exactly the same servers.
    CCP/Eve subscription base is well over ALL the other sandbox MMO's ever released, combined, for the last 9'ish years. They are like comparing Bizzards WoW to the other Themepark MMO's. One of the major reasons they are as successful as they are is due to the Tranquility (single server platform). Those are not my numbers but numbers that have been published many times with several gameing sites.

This wasn't meant to be a pissing contest with Indy manufactures. I am just pointing out the attractions for sandbox players and the successful model CCP used.

Also for the record. I am one that would like to see the removal of safe zones if the game mechanics are there to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    hey look, another pvp'er who thinks his vision of the game is THE vision of the game, nevermind the devs plans for it.
    Hey look, another carebear who thinks he can play a sandbox game never leaving his precious safe zone.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    No they are not, read his message again incl the update.

the only diference will be in mechanics. like
    AllowTribeWar=On/Off
    Enable_Wardec=On/Off
    IF Enable_Wardec "on" AllowTribeWar=on (peace)

Its minor chances that allows one server to have a more free roam warfare, and the otehr server based on the original dev ruleset.

Question is, Are you fine whit how the server now is (in terms of warfare) if yes, peace is for you, if no you want more warfare as soon as possible then War is for you.

and yes that means the servers will develop differently long term in game but the code, the mechanics the what you can do will be exactly the same. its like taking two servers of any random game and compare them, they both have different styles of players its how servers develop over time. some are rp servers, some have more pvp guilds. others are considered family server. it has nothing to do whit the game itself..only whit the players.

The only difference between war and peace will be that on one PvP oriented players can find more PvP while on the other PvP will be outside the save zones like its now or by -choice- tribal PvP.

(random pick by most known...my view..)
    That lets say pandemic stands a chance to loose players if they go on the war server is their own fault.. They are among the biggest shouters for more PvP freedom, Joining them in the first place is asking to be a target in a more open PvP environment.
    If Pandemic's PvP crew is going to join the "peace" server cource their crafter ain't up to a more PvP focus server then they done something very wrong in their recruitment and whats worse everyting they said sofar in all those "shutup carebear" threads kinda will make them even look worse..
    Now I pulled pandemic as a tribe in this post but ofc there are more who done the same they just are among the most vocal forum irc/users
    WRONG. The MAIN change to the game lies in SPLITTING the community, even if it isn't a 50/50 split. The game just changed on both servers. Neither one of these new servers will be what the old single server would have been with the whole community balanced there.

I will keep saying this until someone understands it: THIS IS A SANDBOX GAME. The players and their many different styles and ideas ARE THE CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    CCP/Eve subscription base is well over ALL the other sandbox MMO's ever released, combined, for the last 9'ish years. They are like comparing Bizzards WoW to the other Themepark MMO's. One of the major reasons they are as successful as they are is due to the Tranquility (single server platform). Those are not my numbers but numbers that have been published many times with several gameing sites.

This wasn't meant to be a pissing contest with Indy manufactures. I am just pointing out the attractions for sandbox players and the successful model CCP used.

Also for the record. I am one that would like to see the removal of safe zones if the game mechanics are there to support it.
    EvE is succesful because it panders to both types of players that Xsyon is now trying to satisfy..

Those who fly Empire, and those who fly 0.0

That's essentially the difference we're looking at with the two servers.. except that the "empire" segment also gets to build POS's anywhere heh

It would be nice if there was the mechanics for that on a single server, but the engine just wasnt designed that way, and there just isnt the space yet

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    You seem to be assuming that all PvPers are only "evil" players. Hate to break to you but you are horribly horribly wrong. There are plenty of us who prefer to fight against the "evil" or "griefer" players. Im actually hoping that you wind up being somewhat right though and mos tof them to align evil so I have more people to fight without having to turn evil myself.
    No, I'm not assuming most PvP players are only evil. There will certainly be some good aligned pvp tribes, but without a moral impetus "good" is just a label. Same goes for evil tribes.

The game needs carebear tribes on the same server as the evil tribes who will terrorize them so the good tribes have someone to actually protect. If there is no sense of protection or danger, the good tribes & evil tribes are just fighting each other for the sake of fighting. The lines get blurred. At that point, good & evil only become superficial labels & have no moral impact or meaning.

That was my point, though I probably could have been clearer about it.

Quote Originally Posted by benz17 View Post
    Hey look, another carebear who thinks he can play a sandbox game never leaving his precious safe zone.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Meh, I saw it coming. I like how you apoligized , if not I would probably would have replied with a paragraph of rage :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post

Im not trying to compare Indy devs or anything either, quite the opposite. EVE is about the only example of a truly succesful single shard MMO, Indy or otherwise. There have been a couple others that had some success, but EVE is by far the best.

In comparison, youve got tons of succesful multi-server MMOs (some Indy, some not), including the most succesful of all, WoW.

So my point was, how do people logically get to the conclusion that not being single server = doom?

I wasnt accusing you of not being able to handle the war or anything. I was just generalizing that those who dont want/cant handle the risk should stick to Peace server. Those of us who prefer risk & surprises will be on War.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    EvE is succesful because it panders to both types of players that Xsyon is now trying to satisfy..

Those who fly Empire, and those who fly 0.0

That's essentially the difference we're looking at with the two servers.. except that the "empire" segment also gets to build POS's anywhere heh
    Yes, and it takes BOTH to support the server as a whole. That game would have died on the vine a long time ago if they split up their community like Xsyon is talking about. There are MANY MANY ways that have been talked about to solve the issue without the need for multi-servers...