Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    The land needs 'free space' for the wildlife and such.. spreading people out isn't going to solve that, it's going to make it worse
    Which is the problem you have now. People hunt out all the nearby animals immediately. They need to be spread out enough to both give tribes some elbow room to grow and give animals free space. The suburban sprawl is very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    I will play on which ever i like. I have learned not to take vague desciptions like that to heart when they come form jooky. It could be when people have enough weapons honestly. I Dont know why people cant just leave it at that. I'll be on peace with the majority of the population, not on War with 4 active tribes.
    Glad to see you guys are keeping with the development game play style vs the full PvP style. Happy to hear it.. some good players in that tribe, good to hear you guys will be on the peace server.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Those who want to fight for good and build a society of lawful citizens all contributing to help eachother out and have fun learning advancing in relative peace.
    And THERE is the rub. I just don't see many of these people who "have fun learning advancing in relative peace" ever stepping foot on the War server. They'll all be on the considerably less dangerous Peace server. Sure, there will inevitably be some peace-lovers who brave the War server, but I think it would be folly to assume they will make up more than a tiny fraction of the population. If, as I suspect, we end up with just a bunch of good & evil pvp tribes on the War server, who are these "others" you propose to champion?

The scenario you describe is actually how I want the game to go, but I only see it happening on a "blended" server. Any mechanic that offers the more passive players an easier path is going to jeopardize the dynamic I think we both want to enjoy.

Xsyon, I think that the only mistake you did was naming the servers... People who lie to themselves that they like pvp and thus don't want to publicly confess that they are carebears deep in the heart, will have a hard time going to "PEACE" server.

Name them Kawabunga and Dragatogna and this conversation will cut in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    Xsyon was going to be a unique game to look forward to. Now it is simply another mmo offering a pvp or pve server with less stability, sub-par graphics, an endless list of broken game mechanics and no combat system lolz.

And please don't state that its not a pve server. Go compare it to several games out there and you will find that the pve server always offers consenual war while the pvp server is open. If i wanted a game like this i would have re downloaded ultima online and played on there pre tram server wich is empty but at least has working mechanics and good combat system or played on thier pve server wich has consensual combat ie go to fel if you wanna fight somone...which by the way is also empty because that is how games like this crash and burn.

Xsyon is just crashing and burning at start oppsing to being sucssesfull like uo was. Xsyon had one attraction and it was unique which is now gone leaving junk piles to sort through.
    Ummm... youre still getting exactly what you paid for all along IF you play Peace server. There was always going to be a tribal warfare system including declaring war, alliances, etc, etc since they first started releasing info about Xsyon.

I really dont get why this is so hard for people to understand, especially since it is right there in the update for everyone to see, as wella s about a dozen place sin this thread.

THE SERVERS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME FOR NOW. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WILL COME LATER DOWN THE ROAD AFTER DEFENSES & OTHER FEATURES HAVE BEEN ADDED IN.

(Xsyon, maybe you just close this thread down for now to end the endless complaining by people who havent even read the details properly and put up a different thread which very very clearly points the fact out that the servers will be the same at the start and the changes/safezone removal will be at least a month or 2 out. i know, its already pretty obvious but well.... just look at the thread and the points being ignored ove rand over because people only want to pay attention to their gripes and not what is ACTUALLY happening).

What happens when everyone (or more than %50) trys to log in the Peace server. Will it become locked and force you to play on the War one?

Quote Originally Posted by chaosegg View Post
    Let me start by saying I love this game dearly. It is exactly the game I have been looking for for 10 years or more.
    I've played everything mmorpgish since EQ first came out, PvP, non-pvp, I've done it all. Spent years in EVE-online as a successful FC, and I love EVE-online as well with several thousand pvp involvements. I played Darkfall for a year and did raiding/defending. I love PvP games that are balanced properly and have some risk/reward (hate WoW/Rift style).

I have some major concerns about the idea of War vs Peace servers as I will discuss below.
    I hope the alignment system allows for something like gankers turning evil alignment and then not being safe [even inside their own territory],
    and/or a well-thought-out system for siege, conquest, and war (on BOTH servers).

Here is my nightmare:

War server
    -gets way to conquer/destroy neighbor totems,
    -but is a total gankfest since anyone can declare war on you and then kill you in your home.

Peace server:
    -stays the way it is now, and you build a huge city/castle only to have bad neighbors move next door/around you that kill anyone who leaves your city or comes to trade.
    -You have no way to get rid of someone(s)' totem you do not like.
    -You can only declare consensual war to fight someone in their land and potentially drive them off.

Either way, consensual combat, with only pride as your risk, is not what I came to this game for: there are a ton of games with consensual/arena combat out there which I choose NOT to play.
    That being said, I also did not sign on to this game to spend hundreds of my free/entertainment hours building/crafting stuff that someone can destroy in a day of free war just because they felt like it.
    So while I am not a "total carebear", nor am I a "hardcore ganker" type of player.
    I am willing to bet a lot of people fall into the same category as me, or at least they would if any game could successfully blend/blurr the lines.

I feel that without more detailed information on killzones and totem destruction, the idea of a War and Peace (poorly named to say the least) server split could do the opposite of blurring the carebear/ganker line and will force a difficult choice for many people who would rather have both.
    Amen neighbor!

People have a hard time understanding the "in between" players; the excitement of being able to die at any moment but the desire to not be a part of a ganking-zerg squad every second of the day, but also have something to show for your efforts in-game.

I'm also a bit concerned about after-release. When new people join and the server rules aren't exactly clear, people might not realize the benefit of being on the War server of the drawbacks to the Peace server and vice vesa, especially since we don't even know for sure yet.

I don't want to see one server get a huge amount of people (making the game more fun/challenging) while the other stagnates at one level, possibly even losing players. And with the dynamics of this game, migration would be out of the question at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    Glad to see you guys are keeping with the development game play style vs the full PvP style. Happy to hear it.. some good players in that tribe, good to hear you guys will be on the peace server.
    This isn't necessarily true. It's still up in the air which place where we're going according to the poll on our forums.

DEVs, its not to early to take it back bad move..... fix it before it gets out of hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Dweetybyrd View Post
    DEVs, its not to early to take it back bad move..... fix it before it gets out of hand....
    Or, a better choice: stop listening and go with whatever you have in mind. You'll never please everyone.