Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I find reading the forums very mesmerizing. To me I am thinking, ok is the game actually going to go live? is it going to really have a combat engine? what will the combat engine be like? will the server with a real pve population, terraforming, large villages actually handle the game? Will armor actually make a difference? Will weapons make a difference given unarmed combat being so powerful? will there actually ever be farming? replanting of trees? will cooking actually be implemented? taming? just to name a few

and yet all we read on the forums is, 'is the existing pvp rules fair'

wow...amazing

Xsyon Citizen
    100% with you there Tredo.

At one point almost every thread in this section was a poll.
    No game is going to cater to everyone, so use what is in game, and if it doesn't appeal, then that's a shame and move on.
    Perhaps the problem has partly come about because the devs have, until very recently, been incredibly accessible and amenable.
    I am a programmer myself, and have no idea how Jordi gets anything done.

When I joined, in early Feb, I was blown away by the 'I dunno what to do/where to go' feeling.

The one positive though, is that folk are at least passionate about it, whether positively or negatively, they still see a gem of a game.

Anyway, I'm off to do some fishing and look for some basalt

I do agree with your thoughts on people complaining....they should come up with either a valid discussion or as you say a suggestion.

Though a lot of the threads about tribe v homesteads are being talked about quite maturely and are ofter interesting.
    Within these disccusions, politics are being created for our world and friendships, alliances forged or broken! personalitys are coming out to which is needed to create the social aspects of games like these.

Yes there are a few trolls/fanboys types, but it seems nowhere near as many as in other games. Best just to ignore these comments and carry on with the intellegent, mature discussions that the main threads carry.