Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.
    Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums.
    If your running a fine steak house people have the right to come in and suggest the cook have crawfish on the menu with a cajun band playing every night and beer adds everywhere all they want.

They also have the right to be mornic if they wish.

EDIT: actually I should point out people are debating if there should be naked mud wrestling at the fine steak house resturant that isnt even built yet, let alone the parking lot

Self-righteous much?

Good and valid point... I agree with you and if you took this personally then I do apologize as I mentioned this was not directed at any person, tribe or group.... however there is one flaw in your post...

What you and I have paid for is yet to even come to light! We paid for a prelude, 2 months worth of access to a game, prelude is to last for 6 to 9 months, just so happens we got instant access to the game before prelude has begun. So you what you are saying we have paid for is not even here yet. So voicing opinions is all well and good, debates are fine, but the community as a whole needs to make sure we are here to make a game better then what it is, by making sure we are doing what we can in the proper manner of suggestion in the correct locations ie the suggestion threads.

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns
    What 10 months give to him as well as other players is experience and knowledge about game. Yes, I am fresh guy as well. Yet half of the suggestions or outrages are based on rumors at best instead of knowledge how game works. I bet half of those February PvP "pros" who "know" how the game should be made and drop quite oftenly retarded suggestions and demans right and left couldn't even tell what armed combat or weapon skill actually does. Their answer proley would be "LOL nothing, same as armor LOL".
    Yes, there are couple fresh faces who come and speak only when they know what they are speaking, sadly they are minority.

My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money"
    http://www.xsyon.com/terms-of-service

Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    By accepting this agreement you accept and understand that the Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time
    Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    You agree that you have no ownership or other proprietary interest in the game account, and you further acknowledge that all rights pertaining to the account are and shall forever be owned by Notorious Games. You are granted a limited license to use the account as long as payments are in good standing and you are in compliance with the Rules of Conducts and terms of this agreement.
    You agree to those statements from the ToS, which means as a paying customer, you have the right to use the account, no more, no less. You can say you want whatever you like for the money you pay, but you have no right at all to expect what you want to be listened to, or given.

I think the main issue right now is no one really knows what this game IS, and what it will become. In fact, there is no way for them to know, because the game will evolve organically. If I learned anything in my short time testing things out, its that we have no idea what the game will be like in six months or a year. The players will decide this. We will build a society within the game, and things will fall into place. Right now there is nothing but confusion and speculation as to what constitutes "game play".

Let them rant. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. In addition, anyone who has ever played MMO games before knows that forums are universally known for attracting complainers. There will always be more complaints here than anything else, at least in the "general" themed boards.

While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!
    as I pointed out in another thread, given the existing game mechanics homesteads are very much the way to go. If I was running a clan with power gaming in mind homesteads for everyone is exactly what I would strongly advocate

You know why some people complain? Because some of us have played many, many games that share traits that this game has or will have and are making suggestions that will best balance the game for everyone involved. Not just for one type of player.

What you suggest Mrcalhou would be true IF it had been done in a civilized manner.

Sadly it was not. Folks saw things they liked and decided to raise a ruckus over features they would like so as to make Xyson their "Perfect" game.

Truth is, it is NOT... Let me repeat that again so it is not misunderstood... NOT our game. It never was or will be. It is just a game we can choose to play or not.

Ranting, threats, screaming, forum wars, overly strong opinions on features not even in game is just childish.