Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money"
    http://www.xsyon.com/terms-of-service

Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    By accepting this agreement you accept and understand that the Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time
    Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    You agree that you have no ownership or other proprietary interest in the game account, and you further acknowledge that all rights pertaining to the account are and shall forever be owned by Notorious Games. You are granted a limited license to use the account as long as payments are in good standing and you are in compliance with the Rules of Conducts and terms of this agreement.
    You agree to those statements from the ToS, which means as a paying customer, you have the right to use the account, no more, no less. You can say you want whatever you like for the money you pay, but you have no right at all to expect what you want to be listened to, or given.

I think the main issue right now is no one really knows what this game IS, and what it will become. In fact, there is no way for them to know, because the game will evolve organically. If I learned anything in my short time testing things out, its that we have no idea what the game will be like in six months or a year. The players will decide this. We will build a society within the game, and things will fall into place. Right now there is nothing but confusion and speculation as to what constitutes "game play".

Let them rant. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter. In addition, anyone who has ever played MMO games before knows that forums are universally known for attracting complainers. There will always be more complaints here than anything else, at least in the "general" themed boards.

While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    While I have nothing but love for whichever of the grizzled 10 month vets among you convinced the devs to give solo players a chance to play in the sandbox, the tone of the OP is completely uncalled for.

But yes, milord, so sorry, milord, we filthy February joiners will be over here in the corner, waiting to speak until spoken to, from now on, milord! We'll just leave our elders and betters to discuss and debate the issues in peace now, you won't hear another peep out of us, and nary a one of us will dare tread again into another of your lofty threads or besmirch one of your polls with our lowly opinions, I promise, your magnificence!
    as I pointed out in another thread, given the existing game mechanics homesteads are very much the way to go. If I was running a clan with power gaming in mind homesteads for everyone is exactly what I would strongly advocate

You know why some people complain? Because some of us have played many, many games that share traits that this game has or will have and are making suggestions that will best balance the game for everyone involved. Not just for one type of player.

What you suggest Mrcalhou would be true IF it had been done in a civilized manner.

Sadly it was not. Folks saw things they liked and decided to raise a ruckus over features they would like so as to make Xyson their "Perfect" game.

Truth is, it is NOT... Let me repeat that again so it is not misunderstood... NOT our game. It never was or will be. It is just a game we can choose to play or not.

Ranting, threats, screaming, forum wars, overly strong opinions on features not even in game is just childish.

I blame DF, MO and Earthrise. If one of them would get their act together these people would have some where else to call home. Instead, they are roaming the “internets” looking to mold another games path into the unrealized vision of those games.

In my opinion, if you bought this game for the uber pvp potential you are going to be disappointed.

For starters, this is more than a game. It's something like a very fun simulator or experiment with game theory as one aspect. The very nature of this game being a true sandbox means the players themselves will determine where the game goes, and what constitutes game play. It is about rebuilding a society, using the tools and resources available to us. Tribal warefare will be part of the game, and some people will concentrate on this aspect. I suggest you find one of those tribes if that is what you want out of the game. Some tribes plan to concentrate on trade, some will become roving bands of Nomads, or entertainers, some will farm animals, some will become political and seek to rule, etc.

In other words, this has the potential to be a serious long-term blast of a game, and the developer has chosen not to hold our hands, or shove us into a certain style of play. Embrace it, and forge your own adventure.

my friends have good taste in furniture

sandbox

enough said.

if you are sick of reading forum posts asking for one thing or another, dont come to the forumssssss! go play wow until the final wipe and just dont talk to annnnnyyyyyyyoooonnnnneeeee

sandbox 4ever