Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What is wrong with this picture?

This is getting ridiculous.... Jordi has tried to make changes to almost every play style that has been brought up. Why is it that one player has to say another player is doing this... or another player is doing that... I know I am, as well as many others that I have developed friendships with over the last year here, are so tired of hearing about she did this, or he did that.. just play the game! This community is filling up with allot of; "the game needs to be like this" or "the game needs to be like that" or "she touched my land" or "they looked at me wrong!"

What is wrong with you people... I enjoy playing the game the way I enjoy playing it... I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me! I do my own thing and let others do theirs. There are allot of players like this... there are several tribes like this... why does there have to be those that come into a game and after a few days start this crap of "this is all wrong the way the dev team is doing this game, it needs to be done like this instead!" Instead of coming into a game that you have only been a part of for a few days or a few weeks demanding that things get changed or complaining about the way the game works, make a suggestion, there is a place for that! Put in some time testing, try to find a bug or something... try and be a valued part of the community instead of a pain in the &%@ to other players as well as the developers.

The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.

If you don't like it, make a suggestion like the rest of us do.. or simply don't play the game.

Oh and for ToS purposes this is in no way directed at any one person or tribe.. this is in no way calling out a group of players... this is a community wide observation and I am simply sharing my thoughts on the matter. I do not need anyone to agree or disagree with me, nor do I require any flamage! It is simply a plea to the community to try and make things better here in the forums as well as in game. Guys / Girls it's just a game, play the way you want.. let others play the way they wont and please, let the dev team make the best game they can for us all!

I find reading the forums very mesmerizing. To me I am thinking, ok is the game actually going to go live? is it going to really have a combat engine? what will the combat engine be like? will the server with a real pve population, terraforming, large villages actually handle the game? Will armor actually make a difference? Will weapons make a difference given unarmed combat being so powerful? will there actually ever be farming? replanting of trees? will cooking actually be implemented? taming? just to name a few

and yet all we read on the forums is, 'is the existing pvp rules fair'

wow...amazing

This game was always supposed to be a game that simulates a post-apocalyptic world where survival was the important thing and it would evolve later into many other possible directions depending on the players.

The developers set the stage, we are the actors in the play, but the Developer gives us the part to play, not us. It is up to us to act or not.

I personally like the play that has been written and really want to see how it develops. I also know that it is a dynamic play that will change over time, and I am willing to go through the good additions as well as the bad, since after all it is a simulation of a possible real world environment.

I actually am not so self-centered to think that MY vision should trump the developer's vision. I say, go for it Jordi... do what you will and I will play along and act my part as scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    The original community, ones with at least 10 months of play time, on a whole are really sick of hearing about all the pvp, tribe land this tribe land that, homestead this homestead that... just think about what you're doing. Would you go to a new friends house and tell them that you don't like their furniture and tell them it needs to be moved? How about go to a new job and tell them that the building they are in is dumb and they need to change it? The last time you got pulled over for speeding, did you tell the officer that there was someone following you too close so you were speeding to get away from them? All this sounds a little ridiculous doesn't it? Well so does coming into a game and telling the dev team what to do to change it, or complaining about the way another player is playing the game.
    Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums.

Xsyon Citizen
    100% with you there Tredo.

At one point almost every thread in this section was a poll.
    No game is going to cater to everyone, so use what is in game, and if it doesn't appeal, then that's a shame and move on.
    Perhaps the problem has partly come about because the devs have, until very recently, been incredibly accessible and amenable.
    I am a programmer myself, and have no idea how Jordi gets anything done.

When I joined, in early Feb, I was blown away by the 'I dunno what to do/where to go' feeling.

The one positive though, is that folk are at least passionate about it, whether positively or negatively, they still see a gem of a game.

Anyway, I'm off to do some fishing and look for some basalt

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Self-righteous much?

And you analogies are WAY off base. You don't PAY your friends to look at their furniture. You don't PAY your boss to give him real estate advice. You don't PAY a cop (well sort of, via taxes) to pull you over. My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money" (we get elections & courts to deal with cops lol).

You lose sight of the fact that ultimately Jordi decides whether suggestions are worthy of implementation or not. Really, all these threads about pvp & homesteads & what not are just suggestions. Jordi will choose which ideas work for his game & which will not. These suggestions may not be made in the same tone as you might like, but guess what? Those people are not here to please YOU. Ultimately, it seems like you're most mad about the semantics of where/how people are posting their suggestions. LOL

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns.

So....just relax. If you don't like reading suggestions & debates, steer clear of the forums.
    If your running a fine steak house people have the right to come in and suggest the cook have crawfish on the menu with a cajun band playing every night and beer adds everywhere all they want.

They also have the right to be mornic if they wish.

EDIT: actually I should point out people are debating if there should be naked mud wrestling at the fine steak house resturant that isnt even built yet, let alone the parking lot

I do agree with your thoughts on people complaining....they should come up with either a valid discussion or as you say a suggestion.

Though a lot of the threads about tribe v homesteads are being talked about quite maturely and are ofter interesting.
    Within these disccusions, politics are being created for our world and friendships, alliances forged or broken! personalitys are coming out to which is needed to create the social aspects of games like these.

Yes there are a few trolls/fanboys types, but it seems nowhere near as many as in other games. Best just to ignore these comments and carry on with the intellegent, mature discussions that the main threads carry.

Self-righteous much?

Good and valid point... I agree with you and if you took this personally then I do apologize as I mentioned this was not directed at any person, tribe or group.... however there is one flaw in your post...

What you and I have paid for is yet to even come to light! We paid for a prelude, 2 months worth of access to a game, prelude is to last for 6 to 9 months, just so happens we got instant access to the game before prelude has begun. So you what you are saying we have paid for is not even here yet. So voicing opinions is all well and good, debates are fine, but the community as a whole needs to make sure we are here to make a game better then what it is, by making sure we are doing what we can in the proper manner of suggestion in the correct locations ie the suggestion threads.

You should also work on your sense of entitlement. Just because you paid your $40 10 months ago does not give you a more powerful voice than someone who just bought the game. We're all the same with equal rights to voice our concerns
    What 10 months give to him as well as other players is experience and knowledge about game. Yes, I am fresh guy as well. Yet half of the suggestions or outrages are based on rumors at best instead of knowledge how game works. I bet half of those February PvP "pros" who "know" how the game should be made and drop quite oftenly retarded suggestions and demans right and left couldn't even tell what armed combat or weapon skill actually does. Their answer proley would be "LOL nothing, same as armor LOL".
    Yes, there are couple fresh faces who come and speak only when they know what they are speaking, sadly they are minority.

My point is, when people become paying customers they get the right to at least say "I want this for my money"
    http://www.xsyon.com/terms-of-service

Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    By accepting this agreement you accept and understand that the Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time
    Quote Originally Posted by ToS
    You agree that you have no ownership or other proprietary interest in the game account, and you further acknowledge that all rights pertaining to the account are and shall forever be owned by Notorious Games. You are granted a limited license to use the account as long as payments are in good standing and you are in compliance with the Rules of Conducts and terms of this agreement.
    You agree to those statements from the ToS, which means as a paying customer, you have the right to use the account, no more, no less. You can say you want whatever you like for the money you pay, but you have no right at all to expect what you want to be listened to, or given.