Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    - Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. ...
    I've read and re-read Jooky's comments. As near as I can tell, that is the ONLY significant difference between the two servers: safe zones disappear a few months earlier on War than they do on Peace.

And that alone is what is driving all this angst and anguish?

Quote Originally Posted by cejay View Post
    Well guys, now Jad loves this new, um, change...I guess it's staying?

BTW is there any sort of real relationship IRL between Jad and any of the senior team? Not asking to be infmaitory, just asking....
    No there isn't Actually I live on the other part of the globe, lol.

I vote 2 server, EU and US. Or A and B. Or 1 and 2.

Peace server seems like... built a sweet base for a week, then get bored.

War server seems like... you bored at launch cause youre the only one there.

Most zergy grief clans (I hesitate to call them "pvp clans") are goign to stay on Peace so they can prey on carebears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    I've read and re-read Jooky's comments. As near as I can tell, that is the ONLY significant difference between the two servers: safe zones disappear a few months earlier on War than they do on Peace.

Thats the only thing I want clarification on ... if infact the Peace server will indeed lose its safe zones after prelude as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post

That and hormones thrown out of whack by expectations not met...Probably nappy time for some as well.

I get the server limitations, but what I don't get is why they can't just designate some of the map to be a safezone because of "angelic defenders" (this is lorematically plausible) and have the rest of the map open to PvP types. They get their crap to fight over and we get our place to hang out.

And yes, it's ENTIRELY possible. The only reasons Eve isn't doing any better is because don't like "being a ship" or they think it's like playing Excel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No there isn't Actually I live on the other part of the globe, lol.
    Fair enough and 2 pts to you for responding well :-)

Someone has a reading comprehension problem here...either it's me, or most people posting.

1. he's anticipating another population rush, so he's trying to make sure his servers don't explode. It's definitely damned if you do damned if you don't on this one...get bum rushed, pbase get lagged, overcrowded, can't plant their totems OH THE HORRORZZZ screaming ranting. etc. If the rush not so bad, under or uneven populations on servers OMG NO ONE OT BPLAY WITH GHOST TOWN. Extra server is probably a better call...population can always even out.

2. Servers start with the same rule set. Both servers have safe zones at start. Sounds like 'war' will be the guinea pig for the pvp testings...lockable gates, tribe warfare, archery, pole arms, etc. Need to test it and balance it in a live environment? going there. Once it gets hashed out and sanitized it gets imp'd on the other server(s). But again, at least from what I read, BOTH SERVERS START OUT IDENTICAL, WAR WILL JUST EVOLVE FASTER WITH THE NEW PVP MECHANICS. unless my reading comprehension skill is not functioning correctly.

I don't see any reason not to go War- we come with our own crafters, so have no need for the carebear militia. We're here for the territorial game, so the place where it gets there the soonest is where we'll start out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    Someone has a reading comprehension problem here...either it's me, or most people posting.

1. he's anticipating another population rush, so he's trying to make sure his servers don't explode. It's definitely damned if you do damned if you don't on this one...get bum rushed, pbase get lagged, overcrowded, can't plant their totems OH THE HORRORZZZ screaming ranting. etc. If the rush not so bad, under or uneven populations on servers OMG NO ONE OT BPLAY WITH GHOST TOWN. Extra server is probably a better call...population can always even out.

2. Servers start with the same rule set. Both servers have safe zones at start. Sounds like 'war' will be the guinea pig for the pvp testings...lockable gates, tribe warfare, archery, pole arms, etc. Need to test it and balance it in a live environment? going there. Once it gets hashed out and sanitized it gets imp'd on the other server(s). But again, at least from what I read, BOTH SERVERS START OUT IDENTICAL, WAR WILL JUST EVOLVE FASTER WITH THE NEW PVP MECHANICS. unless my reading comprehension skill is not functioning correctly.

I don't see any reason not to go War- we come with our own crafters, so have no need for the carebear militia. We're here for the territorial game, so the place where it gets there the soonest is where we'll start out.
    ARE U SO NAIVE? 80% POPULATYION WILL BE ON PVE SERVER THERE FORE THEY WILL STILL HAVE POPULATION CRISIS

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post

That gives me the feeling that i play on a test server