Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    I'm with those who were in the middle of the road and now feel lost. How about a 3rd server that has the ORIGINAL design, and lets see which server fills up first...

Were safe zones really this big of deal that such a change was required? You were already planning to remove them after prelude, right?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowlz View Post
    Well then I guess I'm not a PvPer. I play for the experience which I like to be a balance between PvP and PvE, where they merge nicely, like my post suggesting a better idea. Im not one of them fancy elitist 'real' PvPers that PvP for the thrill, if I wanted that I would play team fortress 2, or CoD.

As I said, peace seems to be more balance at the moment, so I will be joining that. Hopefully if war becomes magically good, I'll go over there. But seeing how the war population will be mostly the 'real' PvPers that want Quake: Xsyon Arena with crafting, I doubt it will change.

Also I say Peace is more balance because there IS PvP, if i suddenly have the urge to murder a hapless lumberjack, i can waltz outside and beat up on him. Just as if i leave camp, go fishing, someone can come up on take my honor.
    Please point out exactly where there is any difference in balance?

As has been pointed out already, BOTH servers will start out EXACTLY the same. The only major difference will be that later down the road AFTER defenses & siege mechanics have been put in place War server will have safe zones removed. Until then, the 2 servers are COMPLETELY IDENTICAL. Everyone still has the same safe zones they have now.

War server does not mean all out war starting from day 1. It means you need to plan ahead for the day when he does take the safe zones away.

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    pffff, 2 servers Someone make a poll please.
    I don't think this the solution. Make the pvp a total grief server and remove after a while so people who want to grief can do it on that server....
    This is annoying.
    I would think that griefing would be easier on the peace server since most people expect the crafters and easy targets will go to peace. War sounds like the place you want to go if you want tribal warfare. I mean safe zones will be up till we can defend ourselves. So that means we will have time to make our area safe-ish.

Well then I guess I'm not a PvPer. I play for the experience which I like to be a balance between PvP and PvE, where they merge nicely, like my post suggesting a better idea. Im not one of them fancy elitist 'real' PvPers that PvP for the thrill, if I wanted that I would play team fortress 2, or CoD.

As I said, peace seems to be more balance at the moment, so I will be joining that. Hopefully if war becomes magically good, I'll go over there. But seeing how the war population will be mostly the 'real' PvPers that want Quake: Xsyon Arena with crafting, I doubt it will change.
    The War server is the closest to what you are looking for as it really can become a balance between PvP and PvE. Don't give up on it. Join and help to shape the world. If all the people who truly want balance play on the War server it could still be epic. Surely it's better to play on the one that could become the ideal server (with a balance), rather than giving up on it. Who cares if you have to re-roll later. Don't think about the rush to skill maxing, think about the opportunity to shape a community.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Please point out exactly where there is any difference in balance?

As has been pointed out already, BOTH servers will start out EXACTLY the same. The only major difference will be that later down the road AFTER defenses & siege mechanics have been put in place War server will have safe zones removed. Until then, the 2 servers are COMPLETELY IDENTICAL. Everyone still has the same safe zones they have now.

War server does not mean all out war starting from day 1. It means you need to plan ahead for the day when he does take the safe zones away.
    Jooky said during prelude the safezone will be lifted on War. My guess is siege and warfare wolnt be implemented by then(Or just implemented, removed because it lags, order a new server, 5 weeks later added, then later making a 3rd server for people that want siege warfare). Which is sad because I was hoping my tribe could be destroyed by a giant goonswarm blob bashing on the gate for 3 days.

Worst idea ever.

This is going to kill the game in a few months, and we will have 2 ghost servers like the 2 darkfall servers.

No longer recommending my guild mates buy this game.

This was the dumbest idea anyone could of thought of, the peace server will be no fun because all the PvPers will be gone so it's basically just a trading game, eventually everyone will quit because there's no risk.

The PvP server will be even worse because it'll be full of naked people punching themselves or using starter weapons because no crafter would touch the place.

I can't think of any reason you guys would of done this, Fallen Earth didn't do it, Eve didn't do it, so why are you guys? This is going to end very badly.

Devs, please ignore this whining. This is a small portion of your actual playing population that is dooming and glooming. The game is on the right path and you are making the right decisions. I agree with the split and I am sure 75% of the players do as well. The loudest mouths are always the smallest percentage that want change. These people complaining are the same that destroyed SWG and many others. They try and change the core concept of the game. Don't let this small percentage change what could be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevi View Post
    Worst idea ever.

This is going to kill the game in a few months, and we will have 2 ghost servers like the 2 darkfall servers.

No longer recommending my guild mates buy this game.
    Same here, I always told people how it had a great community due to the 1 server, you knew if you met someone playing the game that you could actually play with them, now it's like "Oh sorry, not on your server".

Jooky said during prelude the safezone will be lifted on War. My guess is siege and warfare wolnt be implemented by then(Or just implemented, removed because it lags, order a new server, 5 weeks later added, then later making a 3rd server for people that want siege warfare). Which is sad because I was hoping my tribe could be destroyed by a giant goonswarm blob bashing on the gate for 3 days.
    Quoted directly from his update:

- Safe zones will be removed during the prelude on the War server when towns can defend themselves. This is not a Chaos or griefer server, but a server for players that want tribal warfare and conquest. This will happen as soon as possible, possibly within a month or two.

My point bolded & underlined.

Now will everyone (not you specifcally shadow) stop throwing whiny little fits of rage and USE YOUR DAMN HEADS LIKE A LOGICAL PERSON. Stop your little temper tantrums and actually READ what the update says, specifically what i just quoted above. As i said before, War server will not be an all out gank fest from day 1. UNTIL the defenses are added i both servers will be IDENTICAL. Safe zones will be in place until AFTER defenses are added.

Stop with your doom & gloom crap just because you cant comprehend what any of this actually means and instead just pick & choose what words you want to read so you have something to complain about. "OMGZ what! WAR server! Oh noez endless ganking and griefing for sure (even though i havent bothered to read any of the details about the difference sin the servers)!"