Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Wow see a lot of crying in here over very little difference in servers except one will get rid of safe zones earlier than the other one and allow for conquest. Why don't you wait and see how it goes before predicting the end of the world and judging how others will play based on other games and your interpretation of what happened to them.

Give the devs some credit i'll bet they know more about the finer details of why they think this was needed or wanted than any of you that are crying and saying the games no longer for you lol

for a minute there i thought i was on the darkfall forums.

About 95% of the posts I've read have been against the two server idea; most of them stating that it will split the population.

About 85% of posts I've read have stated they'll be playing on the Peace server.

The ones against the idea of two servers have nothing to worry about because the majority of players will play on peace anyway.

Everyone roll on Peace, War server will die, problem solved, everything goes back to the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Prince View Post
    Everyone roll on Peace, War server will die, problem solved, everything goes back to the way it was.
    If the War server dies and everyone rolls on the Peace server... then they will have to do so knowing that future tribal warfare will be "consentual", since that is one of the rules of the Peace server.

About 95% of the posts I've read have been against the two server idea; most of them stating that it will split the population.

About 85% of posts I've read have stated they'll be playing on the Peace server.

The ones against the idea of two servers have nothing to worry about because the majority of players will play on peace anyway.

You sir, are some sort of mad genius!

I do not agree with splitting the server into 2, but if that is xyson's decision so be it. However i hope everyone realizes what they are getting into. Peace will have CONSENTUAL FIGHTING, 80% of people never leaving safe zone, etc. WAR will have SAFE ZONES FOR LESS TIME, progressing to the endgame much faster. There is such a broad spectrum of players in this game, that this split just isn't going to cut it. I enjoy crafting, and i enjoy fighting with the stuff i just crafted. 80% of all craft skills focus on pvp, the exceptions being logging, woodcrafting, and the food gathering skills.

I don't want to see the community split, but i know that i don't want to be limited to only crafting while i play this game. It has enormous potential to become better than shadowbane, more expansive than darkfall, and even surpass minecraft's construction and crafting. If i have to split to one server or the other, i know where i'm headed...WAR. I won't be ganked 24/7 because you know what? there's still safezones. Even when those fall, there will be CASTLE WALLS! And you know what? those aren't just aesthetic anymore? they actually have a purpose! Same with WEAPONS and ARMOR! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Please understand what you are getting into with your server choice; something tells me that many people will mistake war for ganksville and go to carebearland and get bored within a month. This harms the game and makes it harder for the devs to make this game into what they and we want it to be. Go WAR and play the game like it's meant to be played.

quoted for misinterpreting the changes.I can guarantee peace will be half the game Xyson would have been/will become on war and that game will NOT go back to the way it was, if anything war is the way to the how it was, just with a slightly shortened prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Raizure View Post
    I do not agree with splitting the server into 2, but if that is xyson's decision so be it. However i hope everyone realizes what they are getting into. Peace will have CONCENTUAL FIGHTING, 80% of people never leaving safe zone, etc. WAR will have SAFE ZONES FOR LESS TIME, progressing to the endgame much faster. There is such a broad spectrum of players in this game, that this split just isn't going to cut it. I enjoy crafting, and i enjoy fighting with the stuff i just crafted. 80% of all craft skills focus on pvp, the exceptions being logging, woodcrafting, and the food gathering skills.

I don't want to see the community split, but i know that i don't want to be limited to only crafting while i play this game. It has enormous potential to become better than shadowbane, more expansive than darkfall, and even surpass minecraft's construction and crafting. If i have to split to one server or the other, i know where i'm headed...WAR. I won't be ganked 24/7 because you know what? there's still safezones. Even when those fall, there will be CASTLE WALLS! And you know what? those aren't just aesthetic anymore? they actually have a purpose! Same with WEAPONS and ARMOR! Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

Please understand what you are getting into with your server choice; something tells me that many people will mistake war for ganksville and go to carebearland and get bored within a month. This harms the game and makes it harder for the devs to make this game into what they and we want it to be. Go WAR and play the game like it's meant to be played.
    I'm inclined to quote this over and over. Noone could have said it better.

Everyone should read it once again:

I do not agree with splitting the server into 2, but if that is xyson's decision so be it. However i hope everyone realizes what they are getting into. Peace will have CONCENTUAL FIGHTING, 80% of people never leaving safe zone, etc. WAR will have SAFE ZONES FOR LESS TIME, progressing to the endgame much faster. There is such a broad spectrum of players in this game, that this split just isn't going to cut it. I enjoy crafting, and i enjoy fighting with the stuff i just crafted. 80% of all craft skills focus on pvp, the exceptions being logging, woodcrafting, and the food gathering skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    This is correct. The plan, as I keep saying, is to evolve with the player base. The current player base is pushing in two different directions, so we'll start off this way. If you start off on a server with like minded players you know better what to expect in the future.

Choices and evolution with the community is the plan.
    I beg to differ with you Xsyon. The "current player base" is not pushing in two different directions. What you have is a minority, 20%-25% that are very vocal, which is a natural occurence in open societies, who only think they would like it if they had their own way.

You set up a great sandbox scenario, with great ideas for adding future content which meshed with your original idea. The gamers have been clamoring for something like this for 9-10 years. What you might have failed to understand was how successful you might become and underestimating the demand for your game vision. But, you must remember that the reason for this high demand was because of yourr vision & description of the game. Now is not the time to waiver from that. Maybe you became sort of spoiled during your early beta testing because that particular population was actually dedicated to helping you hammer out the bugs, and were willing to suffer through that tough process. That meant giving you actual honest feedback. The new members, subscribers, the public is not even close to that description.

I understand that the server capacity isn't because of the number of subscriptions, but because of the number of homesteaders and the number of tribes. I believe that you need to think outside the box and implement another solution other than two diverse servers, if it isn't too late to tweek it.

Dividing the community populaation, 'the good, the bad and the ugly' onto a different server with a different game concept than your own, might be very deterimental. I only say that because I have seen what has happened with other games that took that path.

I want this game to succeed! I'm one of those that has been waiting 9-10 years for a developer, any developer, big, small or indie to do that. I'm not alone. Get a good nights rest, go in late and talk to the rest of your crew and get their honest opinions.

Go from there.

Good luck!

China

Well it's the choice we are forced to make...

quoted for misinterpreting the changes.I can guarantee peace will be half the game Xyson would have been/will become on war and that game will NOT go back to the way it was, if anything war is the way to the how it was, just with a slightly shortened prelude
    You're right, I didn't catch that. Well then just flip it, everyone roll WAR, since it's practically what we all signed up for prior to this announcement.

I do not agree with splitting the server into 2, but if that is xyson's decision so be it. However i hope everyone realizes what they are getting into. Peace will have CONSENTUAL FIGHTING, 80% of people never leaving safe zone, etc. WAR will have SAFE ZONES FOR LESS TIME, progressing to the endgame much faster. There is such a broad spectrum of players in this game, that this split just isn't going to cut it. I enjoy crafting, and i enjoy fighting with the stuff i just crafted. 80% of all craft skills focus on pvp, the exceptions being logging, woodcrafting, and the food gathering skills.

By virtue of having two servers instead of one, we will have two NEW completely separate evolutions of the game, independent from the original vision. WAR won't be the original game nor will PEACE.

In this game, the beginning game play will, in a lot of ways, shape how the server goes on to evolve. A basic set of societal rules will be created in the early days, weeks and months, and the evolution will branch from there. This foundation will be based on the disposition of the overall population on the server. Even the developers know they are creating two different evolutions of the game server based on the populations, and have said as much multiple times today.

The other problem with your theory is that many people here believe the opposite is true, and that PEACE is the game as it was meant to be played. The fact that there is a disagreement here, and a server choice to go along with it, changes everything. If this two server thing happens, we will never, ever know how the original single server evolution would have been different except that it would have encompassed the whole game community on one server rather than fragmenting us.