Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r4NGe View Post
    CONSENSUAL WAR

TRIBE 1: You have plagued us long enough. Die by our hand.
    TRIBE 2: Ok, but could you wait till after supper. Meatloaf!!
    TRIBE 1: Eat in fear, whisper me when you get back. :*
    (30 minutes pass)
    TRIBE 2: hey, you guys ready?
    TRIBE 1: Oh hey, yes, we will march over your eastern hill in 5 minutes. We are in formation, it is so cool, wait till you see!
    TRIBE 2: bring it.
    (fighting ensues)
    TRIBE 1: Time out, Time out!!!
    TRIBE 2: ok, wut happened?
    TRIBE 1: we had a dude timeout and another guy forgot his axe, lol.
    TRIBE 2: LOL *hug*
    This needs more love. I guess everyone is just a bit too overwrought to laugh right now. But I did. So loud I had to explain myself to my family!

The truth is, though, we the community have been at each others throats over two issues:

1. PvP Ruleset in regard to safe zones (When will they be removed? Will all of them be removed? Will only some be removed? What will happen when/if/how safe zones are removed? What will become of big tribes, small tribes, and solo players? Will there be an all-conquering zerg? Will there only be consensual pvp so that we all end up picking daisies together and arranging polite, after-dinner wars? Will we really have to wait 6-9 months just to find out?).

2. Resource division (especially on launch day). Will big tribes get screwed? How about small tribes? Should we just throw the homesteaders under the bus? Is all of this the fault of the filthy February joiners? Will Emily and Jacob ever get back together? Will Renee wake from her coma? Who is the father of Jessie's baby?...Ooops. Sorry. Got carried away.

Current resources are too scarce for the current population, or that's what I understand from reading Xsyon's posts. The lands behind the green mist are not ready to be opened. No one wants to create a character and log in to the game world only to find that there is nothing to do because their character has no access to any resources that can be turned into armor, weapons, tools, baskets, and buildings. The tribes don't want it, the solo players don't want it. Even the wildlife flees before our devouring hunter gatherer zerg.

Two servers that will evolve with different PvP rulesets is an elegant solution to both problems. I truly don't understand the fear and anger over it. But I do understand that, because I am a solo player, there are probably considerations that I haven't grasped and probably won't. Nevertheless, plenty of games seem to limp along just fine with multiple servers and multiple rulesets. At least one obscure little game manages to subsist on a mere ten million subscriptions despite having a ridiculous number of servers and three rulesets. So I very much doubt this is the tragedy people are claiming that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    The game needs all types to work and be successful. .
    no it really really really really really does not need it.

that is, how do you say? bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    no it really really really really really does not need it.

that is, how do you say? bullshit
    We'll see. Both servers will be a watered down version of the original game. I hope people believe that is good enough for $15 per month for an indy game that is really in early beta development at best when compared to AAA titles.

Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    The broad generalizations in this thread about PvPers are amusing. The game needs all types to work and be successful. If you don't see that, you're probably the type of person who buys a new game and immediately googles for a walk-through. The logic used by some that PvP players just want EZMODE could just as easily be turned around and used to say the same thing about "carebears".

Every ganker that goes for easy kills takes on a bigger challenge than anyone who sits in a safezone and sorts junk all day.

The reality is, while it makes good troll bait to polarize and generalize about the 2 groups, most players fall between these 2 extremes. This game is about player generated content. Splitting that content between 2 servers is a bad idea. End of story.

Personally, I am very disappointed in how this whole situation has been handled. To create a "PvP" server when the combat system doesn't even exist and itemization is subpar is shortsighted at best and an attempt to alienate the pvp crowd at worst.
    Again, this is not a PVE and PVP server. They are completely identical in almost every way. The only difference will be WHEN safezones will be removed (theyre still going away in Peace server, just not AS SOON as on War server), and wether or not you need to consent to TRIBAL WARFARE. It has no bearing on regular pvp and PKers vs crafters or anything like that.

Both servers have the same exact ruleset, same exact safezones, same exact EVERYTHING for now. Safezones will be removed from War server AFTER DEFENSES ARE ADDED IN, that way you have a way to protect your stuff.

Its not Pve vs Pvp. Its controlled/consentual tribal warfare vs tribes attacking who they want when they want. Thats about it. The ability to go off and kill another player will be no different on either server.

best decision possible by the devs on the 2 servers war and peace imho

flame me all u want, make all the snide and sarky comments u want ppl but thats my opinion on this matter and nothing you can add will distract from my peaceful basket weaving !

i swear to god I hope they create two different forums as well. Perhaps just give the two servers completely different game names as well so that people dont have to worry about how a pve consentual pvp MMO might actually work as if its never been done in the history of the planet or something.

never the less, dont worry yourself about how the server you are not going to be playing on is going to work out for others.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    We'll see. Both servers will be a watered down version of the original game. I hope people believe that is good enough for $15 per month for an indy game that is really in early beta development at best when compared to AAA titles.
    What is "watered down" about it? And what exactly was the "original version" of the game? Oh whats that? Game hasnt even launched yet? There is no "original game" to base that on yet? Wow, who could have known.

Enough of this "watered down" crap. If you people STILL dont get how minor these changes will be in the end, i dont know how else to explain it to you. Though im guessing most of you havent even been paying attention to the things that have been pointed out several times in this thread as well as the new updates Xsyon posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Again, this is not a PVE and PVP server. They are completely identical in almost every way. The only difference will be WHEN safezones will be removed (theyre still going away in Peace server, just not AS SOON as on War server), and wether or not you need to consent to TRIBAL WARFARE. It has no bearing on regular pvp and PKers vs crafters or anything like that.

Both servers have the same exact ruleset, same exact safezones, same exact EVERYTHING for now. Safezones will be removed from War server AFTER DEFENSES ARE ADDED IN, that way you have a way to protect your stuff.

Its not Pve vs Pvp. Its controlled/consentual tribal warfare vs tribes attacking who they want when they want. Thats about it. The ability to go off and kill another player will be no different on either server.
    i love ur replys fella, one of the few ppl that seem to understand whats going on

WE ALL KNEW 2 SERVERS WERE COMING, TOOOOO MANY CLIENTS FOR 1.

WAR SERVER HERE WE COME!!!!!

BEST NEWS ALL WEEK THANKS JORDI!