Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venciera View Post
    I feel just the opposite. I'm thrillled and greatly relieved. I have no interest in building a pretty tribal fortress so i can stand back and take screenshots of it. I want a reason to form tribes and maintain them. That reason is survival. If I, or we fail than we'll just start over, or join the enemy lol. Either way I'm looking forward to the War server.
    same here, because in this case splitting the server to the ruleset that alot of players want will keep them around, and plus it create its own content in the form of war and politics and I think that the crafting/peace server will be a deserted server for creational purposes because thats what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    We'd have seen safe area's diminish with time as the game evolved, but the we want it now generation has tossed a spanner in the works.
    I really think people are blowing things out of proportion. Things already feel crowded in the world of Xsyon. With 2 servers there will a lot more room to find a nice place and get settled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    So the "War" server is for people who don't want to wait 6 months to have tribal warfare? And the "Peace" server is for people who want to wait 6 months? Why not just reduce the time until tribal warfare can start to 2-3 months after launch? Let's be honest, tribes are going to be well established by then anyway.
    Cant do this.

It seems like not many people understand (at least thru the first 8 pages) that this game is not done. Not even close.

Can't start tribal warfare in 2 months because we dont have a combat system, nothing to knock down walls, heck the weapons play like an NES game in the way they make contact at one point.

In any game that has the option of a "safe" (PEACE) and "dangerous" (WAR) server, the majority of the population ALWAYS plays on the safer server.

It has always been like that, and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    In any game that has the option of a "safe" (PEACE) and "dangerous" (WAR) server, the majority of the population ALWAYS plays on the safer server.

It has always been like that, and always will.
    really o.0 well i never play on "peace servers" I like danger , its risky and makes game more interesting

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    really o.0 well i never play on "peace servers" I like danger , its risky and makes game more interesting
    Sadly, the history of MMO gaming has proven that you are a part of the minority...

I predict this will end up like in Wurm: the peace server will get overcrowded by homesteads pretty fast. People will leave the game but their homesteads will remain behind and crowd the land.

The war server will be populated by a few tribe with war but will have lots of room for hermits that think they can make it on their own. I want to play the war server and so does my tribe but we hope we wont have to be online 24/7 to defend our stuff. I am all for full open war concept; just give us at least a month or two to get ready; but I still want my stuff to be able to take some hits before it is being destroyed.

Reading through this and i have to laugh ... really i do .

Game was going to launch with 1 server , with safe zones that would vanish after a while , which would give the devs chance to add more features .

Game gets ready to launch we have a large influx of new members ( great for any game ) ... who out of those , a Vocal Minority start crying for Safe zone Removal from the start , petitioning for a full PvP ( no safe areas ) server etc etc .

Now , due to server limitations currently and the larger than expected subscriber base, Jordi has chosen to launch with 2 servers because a Single one just can't handle the load and also because the areas in the Mist aren't yet ready to be opened to spread the population out to allow the games AI to work effectively , which is in my opinion a good sign for the game .

So , he chooses to do what " some " have been asking for , and give them a " War " server where the safe zones will be removed early on .

All great so far , the part i find laughable , is that some of those that were crying for a PvP server / no safe zones etc , are now crying that they will have " no crafters " etc because of safe zone removal on the War server...... now aren't these the same ones saying that tribes should " man up " and protect their crafters without using artificial game mechanics ?......................

Anyway , i think its Fantastic that Jordi has chosen the 2 server route . Don't forget , server code / hardware can be improved to allow more players on the servers which can be done as more of the map is claimed back from the mists .

I personally will be playing on both servers at some point or another .

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    I predict this will end up like in Wurm: the peace server will get overcrowded by homesteads pretty fast. People will leave the game but their homesteads will remain behind and crowd the land.

The war server will be populated by a few tribe with war but will have lots of room for hermits that think they can make it on their own. I want to play the war server and so does my tribe but we hope we wont have to be online 24/7 to defend our stuff. I am all for full open war concept; just give us at least a month or two to get ready; but I still want my stuff to be able to take some hits before it is being destroyed.
    we will. War safezones won't go down till we can defend ourselves. I figure we got at least 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    All great so far , the part i find laughable , is that some of those that were crying for a PvP server / no safe zones etc , are now crying that they will have " no crafters " etc because of safe zone removal on the War server...... now aren't these the same ones saying that tribes should " man up " and protect their crafters without using artificial game mechanics ?......................
    Who?

Moot worry if any "PvP'er" has actually said that. Some PvP'ers like to craft just as some crafters like to PvP. Darkfall has tons of crafters, and good number of players have set their main focus on trade/craft in that game.