Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Wrong....

I will very happily play the one with PVP but with safe zones. Surely you have your own crafters in your pvp guilds?? Exactly who were you planing on getting your gear and weapons from? ( if you don't just run around naked)

I am going to be a crafter/hunter mostly and my policy is I'm not going to deal with known griefers. PVPers are a different story IMO. Some people are in lawful guilds that go hunt down the griefers.

I find it funny how there wont be any weaklings on the War server so NOW youre bitchin.
    Please read the post - the War server has no safe zones, thus making your argument somewhat...invalid.

Cejay "normal MMOs" are roller coaster PvE rides, sandbox MMOs feel more like 70% PvP 30% PvE

well pvpers got what they wanted in the safezones being remove even though its on a seperate server you should be happy just go play there. same as for the crafters having a server they can play on it makes everyone happy so everyone got what they want just be happy and pick a server that has the changes you want.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    One more question is will there be enough devs to build two different game types and get updates out in a timely manner?
    Both servers will be exactly the same, same exact content, only difference is that the WAR server will loose the safe zones during prelude.

The 2 servers had to be done for population reasons. It was not decided because they wanted to different game times

Quote Originally Posted by Treepoet View Post
    It was people like you, tribes like yours, that caused this divergence in rulesets. Now that you have your War server, why are you guys so quickly going back on your word of uberness and ultima-PVPbility and caring at all about what will happen on the Peace server? Shouldn't your awesome ability to defend your Tribelands be promise enough for your "carebear crafters" to not worry about switching to the War server? What's going on here?

I'm sorry, but all I'm trying to say here is that I find it silly for people to go against what they initially seemed to desire.

QFT. They weren't ever really interested in fighting each other, just ganking the carebears and clueless newbs. Give em a fair fight against others who actually enjoy fighting and they threaten to bail. They don't want us carebears to craft in safezones, but they aren't uber enough to do what they say we should man up and do : protect our crafters with warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Klecko View Post
    I have a problem.I dont want to play on War or Peace.I want to play on something in the middle.
    Actually, I 100% support this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepoet View Post
    It was people like you, tribes like yours, that caused this divergence in rulesets. Now that you have your War server, why are you guys so quickly going back on your word of uberness and ultima-PVPbility and caring at all about what will happen on the Peace server? Shouldn't your awesome ability to defend your Tribelands be promise enough for your "carebear crafters" to not worry about switching to the War server? What's going on here?

I'm sorry, but all I'm trying to say here is that I find it silly for people to go against what they initially seemed to desire.

Erase the hate buddy...Its totally uncalled for.

I think this is a very bad idea. I think the game may have shot itself in the foot. I have a couple of questions which may or may not help me make sense of all this.

After prelude, Safety zones are going to go away and tribal warfare will begin. During this period, is warfare all consensual? or as I thought the political/territorial aspects would take over, But warfare was solidly in?

If Yes is the answer. I have no problems and I will join the Peace server, because that was the original intent behind the game.
    If the answer is know. Then I have to re-evaluate the game

I believe that 99% of the ppl are going to choose the PVE server and not the PVP server regardless, thus making for a very poor gaming experience for those players. We've spoken with many from the major tribes and they will be going on the PVE server.

I would rather deal with a bit of a crowded area until some of the mist can be lifted then this two server business.

Please put up an official poll, because I think that you will find that your community does not want this. In fact the other polls about splitting up servers where overwhelmingly no.

nononononononononononononon 2 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    Cejay "normal MMOs" are roller coaster PvE rides, sandbox MMOs feel more like 70% PvP 30% PvE
    True, I was going on general industry averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    ^ This, I don't see the PvE server lasting long without durability wear and more open tribal conflicts.
    I see the opposite happening. Once people get tired of the War server they'll migrate to the Peace server. PvPers tend to get bored more quickly than the crafters who have no problem playing on a server for years even if they never have to get into combat. Thus, griefers will have no satisfaction if they cannot prey on helpless victims, so they'll follow them to what ever server to go to. The War server won't last long because of this...
    Dividing the community is not favorable in pretty much all aspects of life...