Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    And... Where is this new server location at? Still in Chicago? Don't be afraid to move them west!

I hate the idea because I personally hate PVP but more so because the population of the game does not support two servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    You do realize there is still going to be PVP on the peace server but it will just have safezones right?

You do realize bleeding out even a minority of PVPers will amount to us twiddling our thumbs significantly more, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GuideMihr View Post
    (Guidemihr : I am sure was you hopibear who made the server crash )

Well hopibear why did you post that piece of conversation out of context? what is the purpose? Why did you delete the final ( ) on that sentence? You know that was a joke and I don't understand you posting that here.

I don't want to start a discussion either,just to make things clear.
    The rest of us have a hard time understanding and figuring Hopibear out as well Welcome to the club!

War is not going to last. The combat system is in shambles right now, and the crafters are going to remain on Peace. War's population will dwindle. This does not matter though, because by the time safe zones are removed from Peace, both servers will be essentially the same and both servers can be played normally. The only difference will be that Peace is going to be more developed and have a healthier population. Two servers are good anyway. I can anticipate in a few months Peace will probably be packed, so they may even add more servers if they can't get rid of the green mist quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    So the "War" server is for people who don't want to wait 6 months to have tribal warfare? And the "Peace" server is for people who want to wait 6 months? Why not just reduce the time until tribal warfare can start to 2-3 months after launch? Let's be honest, tribes are going to be well established by then anyway.
    have you thought about the timeline being 6 to 9 months from now is to give them time to throughly implement and test combat and the tribal warfare system? for all we know there has been no coding period for tribal warfare and very little for combat itself.

either way on topic, i think 2 servers is the way to go if it is due to population issues however to avoid what some others are afraid of they should have the same rulesets. BUT jordi is simply trying to give what the pvpers of crafters want you cant fault the guy trying to make the most happy as he can.

Quote Originally Posted by datagoblin View Post
    The rest of us have a hard time understanding and figuring Hopibear out as well Welcome to the club!
    TBH Hopibear is a will to his own - we just point him at enemies and let him swing his axe. We have learnt not to question whatever else he does :-)

My God...there are a lot of idiots not thinking this through.

XSYON NEEDS TWO SERVERS BECAUSE THE GAME CAN'T HANDLE OUR CURRENT POPULATION!!!

By implementing different rule sets, he's screwing himself over & will not get the desired effect of splitting the population.

The way he has set this up is ultimately bad for BOTH crafters & pvpers. Crafters will be on an overpopulated server that is more prone to lag, crashes, & no animal population. Pvpers will be on a ghost town that offers no metagaming or depth beyond killing.

Everyone loses.

I believe what is missing is a clear concise explanation of the rule-sets and timing on the two servers. It would be nice if that could be done. As well written as the Xsyon post it is, it leaves alot of unanswered questions.