Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Offical 2 servers thread

If you have anything to say about the 2 servers please do it here. Any other threads will be locked. This is to keep the forums clean.

Glad to hear the endless bitching about pvp vs. carebearing will finally be over now.

Question: will migration between servers (ever) be possible? For the record, I'm a confirmed citizen of Peace. ("Make plastic lashers, not war!") But I'm sure this question will surface and I wanted to get it out of the way.

Also for the record: I personally believe Jooky's reasons are adequate justification for the two-server split. (Not that he really has to justify his decisions.)

Meh, I guess it's ok. I was worried about an EU/NA split, but this will probably work fine since they didn't plan to extend the mist anyway.

he never said its Eu/Na

but u well split the pop of servers between crafters and pvpers

I don't want two servers i want one server so tribes wont split up

My personal opinion is that you've just created a total disaster.

You already have a small playerbase - which you have just split up.

You have a war server which no crafter will join, and so no real pvp guild will join (we need crafters).

So all the pvpers will join the peace server. You'll get splits within guilds (it's even happening in ours right now on TS), over which server to join.

You've ended up with what appears to be 2 different games, neither viable since neither work.

For me, 1 server. 2 servers makes the "sandbox" idea ridiculous, and splits your dev team on 2 different issue sets - assuming the war server even works.

Thanks however for removing the (again personal opinion) ridiculous save totems idea (and yes, we had a saved totem).

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    he never said its Eu/Na
    I know, that's why I said I WAS worried, but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Question: will migration between servers (ever) be possible? For the record, I'm a confirmed citizen of Peace. ("Make plastic lashers, not war!") But I'm sure this question will surface and I wanted to get it out of the way.
    Since it will be final wipe people should join the server they wish to be on for the upcoming months. In the future it may be possible.

It's too bad the code's technical limits prevent one server. It's gonna be boring as shit on the Peace server after a month & everybody has their villages squared away. I guess the carebears will reap what they sow. On the flip side, if a new combat system isn't implemented soon the PvP'ers will leave for greener pastures. The War server could be a ghost town before prelude even concludes.

I smell a server merge down the road once the mists are lifted & prelude is over....but the fight for land on the combined server is gonna be UGLY.

I hope Jordi knows what he's doing...

- Both servers will allow for PvP.
    - Both servers will retain our anti-griefing policies.
    - Both servers will start off the same and change over time.
    - Both servers will evolve with the player community.
    - Players will have the option to create characters on both servers.

The War server will have safe zones removed during the Prelude. The plan is to evolve this server to focus more on tribal warfare and conquest as quickly as possible.

The Peace server will retain its safe zones with tribes having the options to engage in tribal warfare or allow PvP on tribal lands. This server will evolve more for the crafting and building community.

I guess my question is : what kind of timeline are we looking at on the War server to remove the starting safezones?

1 week? 1 month? another survey for the War community to decide the date its removed?