Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I liken the current situation to ordering a pizza.

I can listen to my wife who wants to do something convenient & settle for a delivery pizza from Little Caesar's or Domino's. It will fill me up & it certainly beats nothing at all. This is the status quo with two servers.

Or I can press the issue & try to convince her to drive up to Lou Malnati's for the best deep dish pizza on the planet. This is the original single server setup.

For those of us who believe that a single server is the "better pizza," why wouldn't we try to voice our opinion? Worst case, Jordi says no - what's done is done. Best case, we magically find some compromise that works for everyone & we can be one big happy server family again.

At this point, I'm feeling like what's done is done. Now all that remains is to convince as many people as possible to come with me to Little Caesar's (WAR server)!!! Maybe we can take over the joint & force the "chefs" to make us some deep dish that kinda sorta resembles Lou's. LOL

Using a pizza analogy, I'd think about it along the lines of having two people. One wants pepperoni, the other wants chicken. Now, neither person can eat a whole pizza, but, instead of ordering a single pizza that's half pepperoni and half chicken, they order a pizza for each and then let the halves they couldn't eat collect mold in the 'fridge'.

Other then the simple fact that there are going to be 2 servers is more because of the size of the population. The game CANNOT handle everyone on one server. It was not designed that way from the ground up and its just not possible to make it work. Theres more then enough people to make a single server full so instead of forcing people to wait in que's to login another server is being opened.

Since there are going to be 2 servers it only made sense to open a more pvp centric server since there are some people that want that type of a server.

I feel like im speaking from a very inexperienced standpoint, since i haven't been here as long, but i get a strong feeling the war server will capture most of the population, and the peace server will die out and people will reroll on the war server when it becomes evident that people get bored with peace when you have too much of it.. which works fine for me because im heading for the war server c:

I'm sure it will all work out, I just hope the decisions made in the last few days don't ruin what could have been a dynamic community and game world.

...and now I want some pizza. Thanks, Cuddle. haha

QUestion about the war server. When the safe zones drop does that mean, if I am solo or in a small tribe of only a few players, if we happen to be off line another tribe could destroy and take everything? What exactly CAN we do, when initial protection drops, to protect ourselves both when online and offline?

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    QUestion about the war server. When the safe zones drop does that mean, if I am solo or in a small tribe of only a few players, if we happen to be off line another tribe could destroy and take everything? What exactly CAN we do, when initial protection drops, to protect ourselves both when online and offline?
    These are good questions, and I'd like to know, too. But the answers simply might not be available yet. For myself, as a solo player, I'm going with the safe bet and assuming that numbers will matter on the War server, and they'll matter a lot. I'm just going to assume that, no matter what I build or how well I build it, whether I"m online or offline, if fifty people storm the walls, I'm done for. And so I will have a character on each server, a main on Peace, and more of a project character on War.