Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Consensual war...WHY?

Am I the only one here that thinks making war consensual kind of defeats the purpose of war?

Tribe 1: Hey can we declare war on you guys and take your territory?

Tribe 2: Sure why not, war declaration accepted!

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks making war consensual kind of defeats the purpose of war?

Tribe 1: Hey can we declare war on you guys and take your territory?

Tribe 2: Sure why not, war declaration accepted!

Thoughts? Am I missing something here?
    its a game and its like saying 'I want to play boggle. I know you dont want to play boggle but I do and there for you must play boggle with me'

does that make any sense? I will play boggle with you if I want to , if i dont want to then you can F off.

does that help any?

besides, why do you care? you plan on going on the peace server now Umberto?

Re-read the update. I think you misunderstand what Xsyon meant by consentual warfare.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Re-read the update. I think you misunderstand what Xsyon meant by consentual warfare.
    I'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    its a game and its like saying 'I want to play boggle. I know you dont want to play boggle but I do and there for you must play boggle with me'

does that make any sense? I will play boggle with you if I want to , if i dont want to then you can F off.

does that help any?

besides, why do you care? you plan on going on the peace server now Umberto?
    I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm just trying to understand this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm just trying to understand this whole thing.
    yes you do, you are going to the war server and you have already stated that and I wouldnt expect any less from an outstanding darkfall player.

are you just bored and playing forum pvp now?

Consensual warfare would mean tribes choosing to be warring tribes or not. This would be a permanent or difficult to reverse choice, not a switch and would have benefits. Wild areas will remain as open PvP areas on both servers.

I can see it now, 1 tribe op's for War, tribe 2 doesn't so tribe 2 Raid's tribe 1 and goes nanana boo boo we are in safe zone now ha ha you cant raid back..

Ill go war thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    Consensual warfare would mean tribes choosing to be warring tribes or not. This would be a permanent or difficult to reverse choice, not a switch and would have benefits. Wild areas will remain as open PvP areas on both servers.

I can see it now, 1 tribe op's for War, tribe 2 doesn't so tribe 2 Raid's tribe 1 and goes nanana boo boo we are in safe zone now ha ha you cant raid back..

Ill go war thank you.
    is that the part where This would be a permanent or difficult to reverse choice part comes in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post

Ill go war thank you.
    Obviously that's not going to happen. Its more like "I have a war totem.. he/she/it has a trade totem." When warring you'll be fighting vs other war totem users. Something would have to be in place so that the non-warring or trade totem users couldn't help a warring tribe without severe consequences. For instance, the trade totem is instantly warring if they tried to help other war totems during a war.

Other ways are to make "partial war flagging". So that if one trade user attacked a war totem, they'd then be a war totem for X amount of days or forever.

Instead of ridiculing I'd think of ways to make it work.