Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    No more War server.....this guy has lost his marbles....he needs to make up his mind...lol

FAIL
    No split is the best solution...i think that's what we all really want.
    The switch is pretty lame. Exploitable (put your logistics in a non agressive tribe, make a warring tribe for conquest purposes).

hmm new thread inc.

YES!!!

Guys, I want you to hunt me down and bash in my head!

I want to be looking over my shoulder… I just worried about the different development path of two servers.

Xsyon Citizen
    Dubs are you on crack? There aren't going to be 2 servers.

I read that on the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Dubs are you on crack? There aren't going to be 2 servers.

I read that on the forums!
    a lot changes in a day

Xsyon Citizen
    Bah. I play dumb, and you respond by playing dumb? Touche.

Btw I just tried to register on the forums, but I couldn't because the CAPTCHA image isn't working. Sent an email to the admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    But it's not.
    The primary differences between the two servers are, based on what we know now, 3:
    1) Consensual PvP.

The ability to opt out of the meta game...The ability to play the game without consequences. This destroyes the concept of an open world since you create a group that is playing by a different set a rules, a group that is protected by code. This is kind of a big deal.

If you want to play the game without training wheels, there is only one option.

This is the most obvious difference. We've really got 2 distinct groups here. One group believes they have the right to be left in peace to play the game as they want to play it. The other group believes that the game world should have as few restrictions as possible, to allow the players the ability to determine war, peace, trade. If if believe that spending the $40 gives you the right to uninterupted, peaceful gameplay...play on peace. If you want to play on a server that offers the best chance for the players to entirely determine econonic, diplomatic, and conflict related agendas, play on war.

As I stated in the initial post, this is purely self serving propaganda.
    My goal is to attract a majority population to War.
    I want to make the case that Peace is not a viable option for anyone that actually wants to play the game.
    War represents the highest level of player freedom, and thus is the best option for anyone actually wanting to play the sandbox.
    Obviously it does not matter now but I will add this rebuttal. I suppose I was focusing on this "- The differences between servers will be slight. This will not require a lot of additional development, just a matter of settings and switches in the code."

That being said he could have only meant that in relation with the first 6 months or so. And who knows. . maybe they will still launch with 2. . I mean it was only yesterday we had two right ? :P Also Jordi did say he only slept a little before making the more recent decision

I do agree with you though 100%. . the only way a server based on building would survive in my eyes is with "resets". I would have been on the war server even though I have a more balanced approach to gameplay.