Poor performance

system specs:- Intel core2 duo e8400 @ 3.00ghz
    4.00 gb ram
    64bit os
    gtx275 card

ive turned every thing off or set to lowest settings and still the best i can get is 7 fps(normal game play)
    if i look straight down over my character , i can get 50 fps. Also the music stutters alot when below 25 fps. ive installed the latest drivers and tried a dozen or more different options but nothing makes a real difference

is there any thing other then buying new computer to speed this game up as im not enjoying playing at 7 fps ?

Turn off all shadow and dimish terrain/tree distance

Water reflect/Texture keep high

i play C2D EE7300
    4gb ram + win7 x64
    HD4890 about 60-70 fps

Turn off all shadow and dimish terrain/tree distance

Water reflect/Texture keep high

i play C2D EE7300
    4gb ram + win7 x64
    HD4890 about 60-70 fps

very odd. Have you tried upgrading your graphics card? How many monitors and what size/res?

running 1 monitor @ 1920 x 1200 res.
    Also to update from when i last posted.
    day1 i couldnt get the game to run (in normal game play) over about 9 fps. I finally gave up in disgust and though ill try again tomorrow.
    day2 i logged on and game is running very nicely (50~60 fps normal game play)so i thought , cool it fixed itself
    day3 its back to the way it was on day1 (poor fps) im thinking what the hell have i done!! remembering i did turn on couple settings so i went back to options and turned them back to where they were + rebooted puter just to be sure but it still runs poorly like day1. Though over the last 2 weeks ive noticed that my puter is starting to play up in general, just little things happen that dont normally happen so i have been thinking on replaceing my puter with a new one.

Sounds Like your videocard is dying ... have you tried running any other high demand games? or a benchmark ? an mem scan and harddrive scan also dont hurt once a while.

ok guys i switched out the hdmi cable for a vga cable and reseated the video card and now im back to 50+ fps ....life is good again. here i was worried that i would miss the launch lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    ok guys i switched out the hdmi cable for a vga cable and reseated the video card and now im back to 50+ fps ....life is good again. here i was worried that i would miss the launch lol.
    Dont cheer to early, that causes bad luck as it has before .

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    day3 its back to the way it was on day1 (poor fps) im thinking what the hell have i done!!
    And even mouse and gnomes are known to cut cables, Vga cables are so much lesss resisted to them then those modern hdmi's

I had some performance problems too.

Try turning anti-alias off or down and do the same for shadows too. That helped.