Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More small trash piles in the wild areas?

I've seen posts complaining about homesteads littering the area blocking Tribe spots or expansion.
    As a small group player I was planning on a homestead out in the wilds, but after roaming with my other half for hours over the past few days it's pretty obvious that trash outside the lake area is rare to say the least.

I kind of fancied the idea of being out away from the hussel and bussel of tribal areas, with maybe just a weekly run to trade, but, with the lack of scrap out in the mountains it seems this is not going to happen.

I'm not suggesting huge piles, such as those from old run down cities, but just small randomly scattered areas, maybe from the remains of old small towns/farms or something.

This would have the extra effect of spreading the population out, and help with homesteads blocking tribes.

I'm sure someone will say that these exist, but imo they're just too rare, and those that do exist have probably been found already by long term members.

How about having a scattering of new ones spawn at live day, so nobody knows where they are, it could bring a sense of exploration again to old and new players?

You should explore some more there are plenty of good spots for homesteads. With 2 servers it will be easier to find a spot.

If you scatter scrap piles it will only make things worse, animals already don't have place to breed.

Have you ever been into the mountains? There are plenty of places for animals to breed up there, I walked for litteraly hours and didnt see a single person or homestead. Space isnt a problem in the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by xaradt View Post
    Have you ever been into the mountains? There are plenty of places for animals to breed up there, I walked for litteraly hours and didnt see a single person or homestead. Space isnt a problem in the hills.
    Did you even read his post? If you scatter junkpiles evenly over the world you wouldnt have space in the hills.

Junk Piles may not be the only resource we need in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Junk Piles may not be the only resource we need in this game.
    I think those who settle away form junk piles and in the hills may be in for a nice a surprise when mining is implemented. Honestly I think junk will be a short lived resource and eventually be replaced by more natural resources.

Where did I say scatter them evenly? I said a few random "small" ones, and by small I mean real small, like tiny. At the moment the population of players is mainly condensed around the large and huge trash piles, I'm only asking for the option to live in the mountains and not at just set places in the world due to pretty much needing to be close to scrap to ply any kind of trade.

I think those who settle away form junk piles and in the hills may be in for a nice a surprise when mining is implemented. Honestly I think junk will be a short lived resource and eventually be replaced by more natural resources.
    This...If this is true then it would solve the problem equally. When I bought this game it was with the expectation of being able to survive in the wilds, build my own little pad with a friend or two, defend it against animals and thieves etc. I did not expect to have to live next to a pile of garbage with a hundred others, or walk for several hours each day just to scavenge for a few dozen nails to put up my wooden wall (needing nails to build a log wall...dont get me started on that one )

Tbh I'd prefer not to need a pile of junk to live, but it seems, at the moment at least, that it is a requirement. I hope mining is implemented soon, or at least more substitues for scrap in recipies, ie grass or branches crafted into something to join logs together for walls etc, I dont mind if it's not as strong, long as it keeps the Raccoons out of my food.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    You might be right in this, however, it doesn't help now. Living away from a junkpile now means you can build almost nothing because almost all recipes need stuff from junkpiles.

Practically it's only woodworking and masonry that do not need stuff from junkpiles (with basketry close because only few things from a junkpile are needed). All other crafts need large amounts of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    You might be right in this, however, it doesn't help now. Living away from a junkpile now means you can build almost nothing because almost all recipes need stuff from junkpiles.

Practically it's only woodworking and masonry that do not need stuff from junkpiles (with basketry close because only few things from a junkpile are needed). All other crafts need large amounts of junk.
    Maybe get a trade going?

"give me X amount of Scrap material and I'll forge you guys some cloths. I live around POS: XXX;YYY;ZZZ in zone:999 if you ever need to do more business" or steal it in the dead of night and take it back to your camp. Might be a long trip but think about the accomplishment you'll feel stealing it from under the nose of others. Sure its harder but if you're homesteader you're definitely not taking the easy route. My point is that their are other ways to get scrap than just living next to a pile. You could also take the scavenge ability and trade what you don't want/need.