I've seen posts complaining about homesteads littering the area blocking Tribe spots or expansion.
As a small group player I was planning on a homestead out in the wilds, but after roaming with my other half for hours over the past few days it's pretty obvious that trash outside the lake area is rare to say the least.

I kind of fancied the idea of being out away from the hussel and bussel of tribal areas, with maybe just a weekly run to trade, but, with the lack of scrap out in the mountains it seems this is not going to happen.

I'm not suggesting huge piles, such as those from old run down cities, but just small randomly scattered areas, maybe from the remains of old small towns/farms or something.

This would have the extra effect of spreading the population out, and help with homesteads blocking tribes.

I'm sure someone will say that these exist, but imo they're just too rare, and those that do exist have probably been found already by long term members.

How about having a scattering of new ones spawn at live day, so nobody knows where they are, it could bring a sense of exploration again to old and new players?