About PVP and Tribes

I've heard that if your on your tribal turf you are immune to attack from outsiders, I'm not sure if this is the whole tribe or just the leader... Either way I don't like the idea of safe-zones in what I thought was an open PVP game. Obviously this isn't a make-or-break aspect, however I prefer no safezones at all!
    I can understand why the majority of people would stick to this idea, especially for the prelude/starting up of the game. But heres my contrast to this point; If you wish to start a tribal base, it shouldn't be made so easy because aside from the fact that it's a complete opposition to the realism of the game, it also means bases will pop-up everywhere quickly. I don't know what it takes to start a tribe but I don't think it should be hard to actually start one, the effort should be in the creation of the base. Anyone can gather a few people and say "we are the New Resistance Clan!". But starting a village you'll get all sorts of invaders, theives, vandals. So you'll need a lot of people to patrol and guard, aswell as build and supply.
    Of course these are just views from theory and not pratice, as I'm not in beta. Not a big thing just thoughts for discussion.

P.S. when you drop things; thats assuming you can drop things from your inventory to the floor; will they magically disappear after a few minutes or will they still be there if you run away and come back like a day or 2 later, if no one else finds them?

The developers announced yesterday that there will be 2 servers, 1 where safe zones will disappear soon after the players get the tools to protect their villages, and another one where safe zones will stay.

You can only drop resources on the ground and they will stay there, you can't drop any crafted item on the ground, only baskets/bins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The developers announced yesterday that there will be 2 servers, 1 where safe zones will disappear soon after the players get the tools to protect their villages, and another one where safe zones will stay.

You can only drop resources on the ground and they will stay there, you can't drop any crafted item on the ground, only baskets/bins.
    Oooo... well that clears things up, sounds great to me, potentially if everything goes as good as it has been I will definately be interested in grabbing me a copy.
    But will there be a free trial on release?

Great reply and response time spectacular, thx for the info!