Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So will 'clans' turn into tribes if they recieve 10 members?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsman32 View Post
    baka, why can't you just let solo players and those who don't want to be involved in Tribal warfare enjoy the game? There is no basis in human history because this is a game. I think the whiners forget this. Yes it is supposed to simulate the Apocalypse, but its still just a game. Jooky is trying to make the game fun for both non-PvP and PvP alike, and all you whiners do is shit on him. It is disgusting.
    I'm not shitting on him. I support this move. I'm just saying there need to be real benefits for declaring as war.

As for the tribes engulfing homesteads, you'll still have your homestead land entitlement. No tribe can take that away from you. Is it really THAT much different than if your homestead bordered on a tribe's land? Not really. Also, in a month or two they're expanding the game world. Do you really think with all that new land & all those new junk piles beyond the mist that everyone is always gonna stay forever in the same spot around the lake?

I'm sorry, but I think in the grand scheme your fears are much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    I know, it's so unrealistic that larger entities expand & engulf smaller entities!!! It's not like big companies buy out smaller competitors. It's not like countries have ever tried to expand their borders & taken control of smaller countries in their expansion path. This is lame because there is absolutely no basis for it in the whole of human history.
    Settlements were an after thought and not part of the original design, I think that Jooky is doing a great job at accomodating people who want the settlement.

Basically, homesteaders can have a homestead at your own risk.

As tribes grow settlements will get pushed further out into the world which is how it should be imo. (I know I will probably get trolled for that statement lol)

So ... Solo players get walked all over because of their playstyle ..........

We get even less area now , and tribes can now surround our " smaller " area , thereby making it so we can NOT leave the area without stepping into another tribes , just because they decided " oh , i like where he / she has set up " .

Hypothetical situation:- , A Homesteader sets up in an out of the way area whree there is a small junk pile , is there for a few months, not burnign through the junk as the soloer doesn't need to, then some " tribe " decides they now want that area , set up next door and bascially have their land surround the homesteader forcing either the homesteader to move , or face having to step straight into what would become and enemy tribes area , just to leave his her own .

Nice one , so thats 30% of the community roughly that were going solo ............. ( thats only counting the forum goers ) .

Also , you originally said your server couldn't handle all the players but now it can ..... You really expect poeple to stick around through lag / server crashes for the " first month or so " ... cause they won't , and launching like that could quite possibly kill the game .
    If the next launch is as bad as the 18th Feb was , players will drop this like a hot rock .

So when will these changes be patched in so we can determine what the control radius numbers actually are?

Quote Originally Posted by Defu View Post
    So will 'clans' turn into tribes if they recieve 10 members?
    Probably need to disband and recreate totem.

Now our agenda as a community is to suggest a system that will prevent as much exploitation and give the greatest compromise.

The more I think about things, the more potential I see for awesomeness.

Sun Tzu taught us that land is the only thing worth really fighting over. There weren't enough situations in the old design that created real conflicts. Now we have some real opportunities to enhance the metagaming aspects of politics & negotiation, while still having war as an option as needed.

Again, it's all going to come down to the benefits/consequences of declaring for war. If there is a strong enough impetus for all tribes to declare for war, the game has excellent potential.

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    Trying everything for now .
    - that's your forum sig. you should try it.

Also, in a month or two they're expanding the game world. Do you really think with all that new land & all those new junk piles beyond the mist that everyone is always gonna stay forever in the same spot around the lake?
    Intriguing question.

If a tribe has spent all that time and effort to build a sophisticated, defensible infrastructure, will they want to abandon it all and strike off into the wilderness just to claim a finite new resource? Surely some will.

And surely, some won't. Some will chance hanging on to what they've built on the gamble that they can craft/trade/whatever so well, they can have others bring those resources to them and benefit from their established infrastructure. Maybe the developers might even grant those long-established settlements some kind of benefit for that decision over time. (Their larger, heavier forges are more efficient. Their grand temples attract more favor from the deities. Etc.)

It could be fun to watch this develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Intriguing question.

If a tribe has spent all that time and effort to build a sophisticated, defensible infrastructure, will they want to abandon it all and strike off into the wilderness just to claim a finite new resource? Surely some will.

And surely, some won't. Some will chance hanging on to what they've built on the gamble that they can craft/trade/whatever so well, they can have others bring those resources to them and benefit from their established infrastructure. Maybe the developers might even grant those long-established settlements some kind of benefit for that decision over time. (Their larger, heavier forges are more efficient. Their grand temples attract more favor from the deities. Etc.)

I could be fun to watch this develop.
    I foresee possible resource treks with some 20+ people including combat characters and crafters. If the resources are really needed and they don't want to move, they'll spend a day out there gathering mats with combat protection and then make the long trek back to the lake. Or what's to prevent a tribe from having an expensive to place second never-safe-from-destruction city totem?