Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I'm nervous because we're going to start with such a scarcity of resources. It will let me solo, however.

On the other hand, now solo players will have no choice but to settle directly on top of scrap heaps, or else risk losing access as tribes expand and not even be able to defend ourselves at the nearby heaps, since they'll now be on tribal land.

So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Edited to add: Jesus, what if a tribe fences us in?
    Just a thought...have you explored the entire land mass? Are you so certain that the only junk piles are the ones right by the starting towns? I have spent the past couple weeks running all over the damn place. I found tons of junk piles in the most unlikely locations like on the top of mountains, etc.

Is finding these secluded junk piles easy? Not as easy as plopping down right where you first spawn in game, but not really that hard either. For the solo'er who doesn't want to deal with the crowds, a little exploration will probably go an awful long way.

Remember, a large tribe isn't going to bother with a small junk pile that is not near a large flat area. Not many people want to terraform an entire freaking mountain.

I honestly have to say I am very displeased by the whole thing.. 1st they say there will be two servers good and evil.. then change their minds over night?
    This shows me that there is no real direction and if someone is quick to sway their thoughts and actions to please the masses then how stable are they to be leaders?

The people who had a problem with having to go over to a PVP server was the same jerks that prey on the crafters and weavers and the peaceful people for an easy kill.. they are the same people who are scared to be on a leveled playing ground with people that would give them a fair fight.

This game is interesting to me.. I love it on many levels.. but, this whole thing about saying one thing then doing another will make it so I will want no part in this..

I would love to help, be a part of a new thing etc..

But, let's be clear.. Limited options, unfair advantages, a non leveled playing field.. swaying thought, views and or emotions etc is not sometrhing I can have faith in paying for.

Got it together and give us "carebears" something to be safe in and enjoy the world WE HELP PAY FOR.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Just a thought...have you explored the entire land mass? Are you so certain that the only junk piles are the ones right by the starting towns? I have spent the past couple weeks running all over the damn place. I found tons of junk piles in the most unlikely locations like on the top of mountains, etc.

Is finding these secluded junk piles easy? Not as easy as plopping down right where you first spawn in game, but not really that hard either. For the solo'er who doesn't want to deal with the crowds, a little exploration will probably go an awful long way.

Remember, a large tribe isn't going to bother with a small junk pile that is not near a large flat area. Not many people want to terraform an entire freaking mountain.
    I have spent way more hours than I'm going to admit to doing exactly what you suggest. I was shocked and dismayed the other day when I went back around to the coords I had written down and marked as unlikely anyone would want or even find. Even one spot so deep in green mist you could barely see your feet was taken.

My worry is that this place will be so crowded that nowhere with water and a junk pile in radius of each other, anywhere, even on hard to terraform, small spots, will go unclaimed and unwanted.

Perhaps my worries will prove unfounded. But the ability of a tribe to potentially fence in a homesteader, imprisoning them in an area where they can't defend themselves once they step off their homestead, or to shut them out of their own area (what if they log out or go exploring for so long that they come back and find their homestead surrounded by fence?) should not exist in this game.

That's all I'm arguing. The crowding, the shrunken homestead space, that bothers me, but my real worry is getting shut in or shut out. Which will make my play style completely unviable.

I hate this new move. Way to go - take a dump on the homestead owner once again. As it is now my tiny little patch of homestead land is small, insignificant and no bother to anyone. So now you decide to reduce the size. Gee i am soooooooooo happy at this decision.

Oh, hold on, thats not all........... i can now have my homestead fully encompassed inside a tribal area. Wow, that is awesome. It will be awesome to claim some land and enjoy playing my way until one day i wake up, log into the game and find that the spot i chose on day one which has a nice view and access to nice areas all around me has been totally blocked off by a 6ft steel fence all the way around. I am unable to enter or leave my land.

I have no land rights. This mechanic has just destroyed life for all the players who intend to play as a homestead. Even though i lay a totem on day one (oh, hold on, day two) i can have it all taken away or encrouched upon by some ten year old kid who decides to play the game in a year's time.

I am so happy that my playstyle means nothing. It makes me feel like the Devs dont want there to be any homesteads or solo players. I feel fully crapped on and i am not sure that i will be playing the game anymore. Unless this changes before day one i will be asking for my money back due to this being a completely different game to the one i signed up for. Right now i have no desire to get ingame.

In real life, there are zoning laws regarding road access that could be applied to at least give us a safe way in and out of a tribal area surrounding us.

However:

1. This isn't real life

2. I haven't the foggiest idea how hard it would be to code it.

The "fenced in" problem is a very real (albeit IMO hilarious) issue. I just hope homesteaders play smart rather than try to set up shop in prime real estate that is almost certain to be gobbled up by a mega-tribe. Knowing the limitations of the system ahead of time should give you all the tools you need to deal with the problems at hand. Those who are too foolish not think ahead will learn the hard way, I guess.

Anyone else envisioning the beginning of the movie "UP" where the little old man's home is completely surrounded by massive skyscrapers? LOL

The "fenced in" problem is a very real (albeit IMO hilarious) issue. I just hope homesteaders play smart rather than try to set up shop in prime real estate that is almost certain to be gobbled up by a mega-tribe. Knowing the limitations of the system ahead of time should give you all the tools you need to deal with the problems at hand. Those who are too foolish not think ahead will learn the hard way, I guess.

Anyone else envisioning the beginning of the movie "UP" where the little old man's home is completely surrounded by massive skyscrapers? LOL

Every post you make just gets more and more insulting.. I already saw your hamster wheel turning when you were talking about politics and the like. Because it is very clear you hope to play cat and mouse with homesteads you come across.

The more I think about things, the more potential I see for awesomeness.

Sun Tzu taught us that land is the only thing worth really fighting over. There weren't enough situations in the old design that created real conflicts. Now we have some real opportunities to enhance the metagaming aspects of politics & negotiation, while still having war as an option as needed.
    IDK why you keep posting.. lemme save you the afternoon. WE GET IT.. you think it's hillarious that we can be totally fenced in like sheep and have no other option other than to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Every post you make just gets more and more insulting.. I already saw your hamster wheel turning when you were talking about politics and the like. Because it is very clear you hope to play cat and mouse with homesteads you come across.

IDK why you keep posting.. lemme save you the afternoon. WE GET IT.. you think it's hillarious that we can be totally fenced in like sheep and have no other option other than to reroll.
    Well, we can always play politics back, I suppose. Go ahead, fence me in. I'll make sure whatever junk I'm sitting on can't be used by you, ever.

Edit: Just in case it's not obvious, I'm not directing this at the person I quoted, but at tribes with people in it like baka.

Edit again: Did you know baka means stupid in Japanese?

The current setup with tribes-homesteads isn't a good one, I do hope they will find something better in the near future. Until then if a solo player finds him/herself fenced in or out of his area that can be reported as griefing and I'm sure it won't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The current setup with tribes-homesteads isn't a good one, I do hope they will find something better in the near future. Until then if a solo player finds him/herself fenced in or out of his area that can be reported as griefing and I'm sure it won't be allowed.
    Oh won't it? Then why put the mechanic in place that makes it possible?