Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    And I'm pretty sure if he just added MORE JUNK scattered around the place away from the lake everyone would be happy. I would rather live where there are plenty of trees and animals anyways. I have spent hours and hours exploring every zone there is. The world he made for us is HUGE. Just Jackson Pollock it with some junk please and I will be ever so happy to leave the VERY VERY important and much more deserving tribes alone at the lake. ( If I ever find a way to make poison and put it in the waterfalls you're all in trouble )
    Same is true for me. I'm in a small tribe (clan per new definition) and we would like to settle in the mountains, away from Lake Tahoe and the other hotspots. Sadly, it's not possible.

The crafting system is such, that, for many crafts, access to items from a junkpile is necessary. You cannot do anything in leathercraft, bonecraft, toolcraft, weaponcraft and tailoring without a junkpile because almost all recipes need junk. You can do very little in architecture without a junkpile. Basketry is fine, one needs only small amounts of junk, ideal for trading these things. Masonry and Woodworking are the only crafts not depending on junk at all. But both of those produce no usable items.

I really believe the whole issue stems only from the fact that all people crowd around the junk piles because there's no other way to get crafting done.

To everyone bitching about "flip flopping":

Be glad that you have a dynamic developer who can listen to the community and make changes as they see fit. Most games have a board of directors in suits that look at things in terms of DOLLARS, not how much fun or interesting the game can be. Most developers are friggin' minions who end up having little or no say in the direction of the game. Most game communities can discuss changes to the game until they shrivel up and die, and those changes will never happen. Be glad this game is free to change, evolve, go forward, backward, sideways if it's the right thing to do.

You found a really stupid thing to complain about.

Notorious: Thank you very much for reviewing the situation and finding a better solution that keeps us all on the same server. Ultimately I believe this will make for a much more interesting game. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post

Be glad that you have a dynamic developer who can listen to the community and make changes as they see fit. Most games have a board of directors in suits that look at things in terms of DOLLARS, not how much fun or interesting the game can be. Most developers are friggin' minions who end up having little or no say in the direction of the game. Most game communities can discuss changes to the game until they shrivel up and die, and those changes will never happen. Be glad this game is free to change, evolve, go forward, backward, sideways if it's the right thing to do.

Easy for you and every other tribe member who cried and whined to keep us all on a server where there aren't enough resources for all of us to play, and then cried and whined to make sure that the tribes would be the ones with access to those resources.

You make me sick. I hope I catch you out wandering alone often, so I can kill and loot you often.

Peaceful crafter be damned, if I have to join some tribe to do it.

I'll go PKer. And every other solo player and small tribe should, too. You tribes did this to us, and you deserve to pay for it. Often.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post

agreed, I may have made a joke about the flip-flopping with my tribe earlier but I am really glad we have a dev that listens to his community. Plus all the flip flopping keeps things interesting who knows what will happen tomorrow? 4 servers? 8 servers? 1/2 server? pigs will fly through the sky? (I kid on all of course).

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Easy for you and every other tribe member who cried and whined to keep us all on a server where there aren't enough resources for all of us to play, and then cried and whined to make sure that the tribes would be the ones with access to those resources.

You make me sick. I hope I catch you out wandering alone often, so I can kill and loot you often.

I'll go PKer. And every other solo player and small tribe should, too. You tribes did this to us, and you deserve to pay for it. Often.
    Cool, I love it man. Its going to be interesting in a few months time with you making a name for yourself. "Is the that IF I? oh shit, that's the tribe killer. Run!" of course it could also end as "That's IF I! get him!" but hey in a dynamic world anything goes.

Ooooh... a real live cyber-bully... hahaha. Classic. Come get me, kid.

Guess what, all we got back was the game as it was intended before the harsh idea of splitting the community. That idea existed for less than 24 hours, and you bought into this game BEFORE that idea existed. As for people crying and whining, what is it that you think you are doing right now?

All we did was present our reasons for wanting a single server, which were every bit as valid as your reasons for wanting a split. The devs said the discussion thread was not the reason for their changed minds, so take it up with them if you can't control your nerd rage.

Well, I am so furious that you gangs of bullies got your way that I can no longer modulate my tone on this forum, so before I get banned, I'm going to step off for awhile.

Solo players reading this, check out their contempt for us. We're nothing to them, what they've done to us with their crying and whining means nothing to them.

Make them pay.

That is all.

Well, I am so furious that you gangs of bullies got your way that I can no longer modulate my tone on this forum, so before I get banned, I'm going to step off for awhile.

Solo players reading this, check out their contempt for us. We're nothing to them, what they've done to us with their crying and whining means nothing to them.

Make them pay.

That is all.

Why don't you tell us all why you joined this game in the first place if the single server concept was so bad for you? It has *always* been a single server design.

For what it's worth, I think solo play in this game may turn out to be one of the most interesting and difficult ways to play. Sounds like fun to me and I have planned from day one to strike out on my own on long journeys just for the danger factor. I will be playing both Tribe and Solo.

@mind

He feels that us big tribes are stepping all over the little guys(soloers) Especially with the new thing about encompassing homesteads in our land.