Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    @mind

He feels that us big tribes are stepping all over the little guys(soloers) Especially with the new thing about encompassing homesteads in our land.
    Well, I guess the interesting thing about his position, is that he has chosen a style of play that goes against the very nature of survival. Also, this game is about rebuilding the human race, and he has chosen an outcast role. So is he complaining that he is being treated like an outcast even though that is the role he has chosen to play?

I think he has chosen a very interesting way to play the game, and he should expect it to be very challenging if he wants to avoid dealing with tribes. Soloers are going to have to be nomadic I believe. Strength will always be in numbers in this game, and if people go solo, they will probably need to keep moving. It would be the same in the REAL world too.

Sounds like what he wants is the easy button that makes him invulnerable to what's going on around him since he has chosen to go solo. This game is about danger, at all times. It's not A Tale In The Desert.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Well, I guess the interesting thing about his position, is that he has chosen a style of play that goes against the very nature of survival. Also, this game is about rebuilding the human race, and he has chosen an outcast role. So is he complaining that he is being treated like an outcast even though that is the role he has chosen to play?

I think he has chosen a very interesting way to play the game, and he should expect it to be very challenging if he wants to avoid dealing with tribes. Soloers are going to have to be nomadic I believe. Strength will always be in numbers in this game, and if they go solo, they will need to keep moving. It would be the same in the REAL world too.

Sounds like what he wants is the easy button that makes him invulnerable to what's going on around him since he has chosen to go solo.
    Agreed, though if he can pull off his chosen path I think he will become a legend of sorts in game. Gotta love sandboxes....so many stories going on at once. I hope a few people keep journals.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmoonstrike View Post
    Agreed, though if he can pull off his chosen path I think he will become a legend of sorts in game. Gotta love sandboxes....so many stories going on at once. I hope a few people keep journals.
    This is exactly why many of us didn't want to split the servers into different mindsets. We will have a much more interesting game using the original vision.

In Star Wars Galaxies, people found all kinds of ways to think outside the box and do things no one ever imagined when the game was being created. Xsyon has much more room for diversity than SWG did. I can't wait to see what people come up with.

This is exactly why many of us didn't want to split the servers into different mindsets. We will have a much more interesting game using the original vision.
    I can't wait to see what people come up with.
    Indeed I look forward to playing with you in game ^^ regardless of our chosen paths.

Why don't you tell us all why you joined this game in the first place if the single server concept was so bad for you? It has *always* been a single server design.

For what it's worth, I think solo play in this game may turn out to be one of the most interesting and difficult ways to play. Sounds like fun to me and I have planned from day one to strike out on my own on long journeys just for the danger factor. I will be playing both Tribe and Solo.
    As I am now calmer and less likely to feel the wrath of the ban hammer, I will explain my concern.

This game has gods, namely, the devs. If these guys say we're going to be crowded on a single server, then I believe them. We will be crowded.

The solo play style is always a challenge in any game, but seemed viable in this game, because there were going to be fewer people spread over the map. Isolation is the solo player's friend, more often than not, and this goes for small tribes, too.

Now the overcrowding causes me to worry that solo play simply will not be viable. Add this to the ability of a tribe to fence us in, and I'm certain it's doomed. There is nothing interesting about playing an unviable play style, it's simply foolish.

So I hope at least the fence issue will be dealt with, I believe firmly that I and other solo players and small groups can work around the rest.

Thank you.

In a sandbox game player interactions are content. Keeping us all in one server maximizes this games content.

I am unbiased in either way, single server or split. You guys know what I plan to do in game, so this works either way for me. The only thing I am concerned with is how small will the homesteads become, and the tribes being able to encompass a homestead. This will work in a few ways. If a solo player wants to work with a tribe and is comfortable in that area, the tribe is there for a great source of protection for that solo player. On the opposite side of that coin if that solo players jumps claim on a tribal area that has already been decided that this area has been the tribes choice location from the start, the tribe could starve this solo player from resources, trading, virtually everything in the game till the solo player either quit or moved on. What was wrong with the old way of totems could not be placed any closer then maximum size of the tribal area at full size to another totem? So for example a tribal area of 250m and a homestead of 30m the totems could not be any closer then 280m. I understand that some of the tribes are worried about homesteads going in and claiming a giant field 300m across and the homestead setting down a totem in the middle taking up that field and blocking the tribe from setting there. I don't really see this happening in the game. Perhaps the new system will prove to be a solution but why reduce the size of the homestead AND allow for encompassing.... talk about sticking it to the solo homesteaders.

Xsyon Citizen
    My opinion is that the change back to one server is a great decision and any consequences, a trade off worth being made. This small community being split and having two worlds running the risk of insufficient population to be viable wasn't one worth taking.

To ifireallymust - don't be so attached to your spot. The playable land area will increase in size over time, you (and I as a fellow soloer) will be well placed to adapt to this, pick up sticks and move on into the new territory. If you really love the spot you are in and find yourself surrounded then you have a decision to make: join the surrounding tribe, stick it out, or move on (hopefully in game, rather than extending the middle finger to Xyson altogether).

Can't wait for launch. Hope it's a succesful one, but really, just hope it's here sooner rather than later.

PS to ifireallymust - if you are serious about your intent to go pk postal, that's pretty damn cool too.

PPS - I really hope you aren't taking your turn at being a squeaky wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    I am unbiased in either way, single server or split. You guys know what I plan to do in game, so this works either way for me. The only thing I am concerned with is how small will the homesteads become, and the tribes being able to encompass a homestead. This will work in a few ways. If a solo player wants to work with a tribe and is comfortable in that area, the tribe is there for a great source of protection for that solo player. On the opposite side of that coin if that solo players jumps claim on a tribal area that has already been decided that this area has been the tribes choice location from the start, the tribe could starve this solo player from resources, trading, virtually everything in the game till the solo player either quit or moved on. What was wrong with the old way of totems could not be placed any closer then maximum size of the tribal area at full size to another totem? So for example a tribal area of 250m and a homestead of 30m the totems could not be any closer then 280m. I understand that some of the tribes are worried about homesteads going in and claiming a giant field 300m across and the homestead setting down a totem in the middle taking up that field and blocking the tribe from setting there. I don't really see this happening in the game. Perhaps the new system will prove to be a solution but why reduce the size of the homestead AND allow for encompassing.... talk about sticking it to the solo homesteaders.
    There is limited number of spots suitable for big tribes. Some tribes will have to wait for land expansion already. Homesteads taking spots big enough for tribes was a serious threat.
    All becouse everyone wants to have scrap pile ON their land, not close to.
    If you place your homestead in a place too small for a tribe you don't have to worry that tribe will surround you. If you choose a big spot and tribe settles there you have two options. Make an agreement with them or move. Tribes were in much worse situation before.