Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    well done and thank you

So will 'clans' turn into tribes if they recieve 10 members?

So ... Solo players get walked all over because of their playstyle ..........

We get even less area now , and tribes can now surround our " smaller " area , thereby making it so we can NOT leave the area without stepping into another tribes , just because they decided " oh , i like where he / she has set up " .

Hypothetical situation:- , A Homesteader sets up in an out of the way area whree there is a small junk pile , is there for a few months, not burnign through the junk as the soloer doesn't need to, then some " tribe " decides they now want that area , set up next door and bascially have their land surround the homesteader forcing either the homesteader to move , or face having to step straight into what would become and enemy tribes area , just to leave his her own .

Nice one , so thats 30% of the community roughly that were going solo ............. ( thats only counting the forum goers ) .

Also , you originally said your server couldn't handle all the players but now it can ..... You really expect poeple to stick around through lag / server crashes for the " first month or so " ... cause they won't , and launching like that could quite possibly kill the game .
    If the next launch is as bad as the 18th Feb was , players will drop this like a hot rock .

Quote Originally Posted by galagah View Post
    Trying everything for now .
    - that's your forum sig. you should try it.

Keeping everyone regardless of playstyle on one server should be priority and it looks like the devs agree. Each playstyle will have to concede on some issues for the bigger goal of a great sandbox game, but i think we can do it, big thumbs up for making this decision.

I think that maybe on the other hand, tribes should be able to give permission for a person to create a homestead on tribe land. Maybe make a permission window in the totem, that way the homesteader is not obligated to be part of the tribe but can purchase or trade (or offer goods) in exchange for a small chunk of land to call their own possibly under the protection of the encompassing tribe.
    I don't see whey it has to be only vice versa where a tribe encompasses an already placed homestead. Let the tribe allow homesteaders on their land. Will create some great social interaction.

Thank you. Development had their thinking caps on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukano View Post
    I think that maybe on the other hand, tribes should be able to give permission for a person to create a homestead on tribe land. Maybe make a permission window in the totem, that way the homesteader is not obligated to be part of the tribe but can purchase or trade (or offer goods) in exchange for a small chunk of land to call their own possibly under the protection of the encompassing tribe.
    I don't see whey it has to be only vice versa where a tribe encompasses an already placed homestead. Let the tribe allow homesteaders on their land. Will create some great social interaction.
    Thats a good idea.

Very good idea imo.

Third. The motion has been past.