Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

One Giant PEACE Server

Well, I'm glad Jooky decided to think outside the box to fix the animal/homestead issue & keep us all together.

I just wish he had chosen to keep the rule set for WAR rather than PEACE. As it stands, the concept of WAR is gone & we're all left playing on a huge PEACE server.

I'm fine with this under one condition. There need to be some major benefits to declaring as a warring tribe. It should not just be for shits & giggles. There should be some big juicy carrot to tempt the crafter tribes to declare for war. I'm thinking rare resources only available to tribes that declare for war, or something along those lines. No tribe should be able to have full access to everything without some element of risk involved.

I'm not fine with it.

In a real open world, if someone pisses you off enough at mines, resources, whatever, just open field, you come and destroy his crap.

In what Jordi 'envisioned' (this morning), someone pisses you off, and you can't do jack shit to their holdings because they've chosen to be a non-warring tribe (freaking nonsense).

Jordi, gratz on implementing trammel even before the launch.

This had already been planned with Good, Neutral, and Evil tribes. Good and Evil would fight each other while Neutral would stay uninvolved. If a Neutral tribe is stealing resources and is caught, after enough times this may force the Neutral tribe to declare itself a Warring tribe aligning it with Good or Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsman32 View Post
    This had already been planned with Good, Neutral, and Evil tribes. Good and Evil would fight each other while Neutral would stay uninvolved. If a Neutral tribe is stealing resources and is caught, after enough times this may force the Neutral tribe to declare itself a Warring tribe aligning it with Good or Evil.
    The next steps to making this game another [insert whatever trivial mmorpg you can think of] are, in this order:

- faction-based pvp;
    - more safe zones;
    - consentual pvp on arenas;
    - [this is way too far beyond the point where great concepts were ruined, once again].

AND... people still whine.

The particulars behind war/non-war tribes is not set. Take this time to come up with a great suggestion into how this can be created, using as baka had said some sort of carrots or sticks. We have many months to find out (as a community) how we all can come up with a compromise. I believe that safe zones should still be removed completely, but just not all tribes will technically fight to conquer/destroy.

As I had said yesterday... the war server was a chance for people to create something interesting as a community, but the fear of the split refused that. Don't expect to see it again. As last month has unfolded, the peace server has always seemed to be closer to what I've read, but I'm only a February.

No one can say "I signed up to play on the war server..." so thread is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    No one can say "I signed up to play on the war server..." so thread is moot.
    Yea but I can say "Sorry, wont pay for a restricted ruleset in a sandbox game anymore".

Wait, did people forget this from the update:

"Both warring and non-warring tribes could claim resources that would be up for contest by both types of tribes."

So even non-warring tribe will have to defend resource locations if they wish to prosper...

Quote Originally Posted by benz17 View Post
    The next steps to making this game another [insert whatever trivial mmorpg you can think of] are, in this order:

- faction-based pvp;
    - more safe zones;
    - consentual pvp on arenas;
    - [this is way too far beyond the point where great concepts were ruined, once again].
    I am all for PVP and i disagree with your statment.

Jookie made a good decision and it is not a peace or war server but it is in the middle. Remember that tribes leaving thier land are still fair game to be attacked and that weather they are a peace or warring tribe you can still collect some of their recources if you need them and happen to be passing through. Do you guys really think tribes will live out thier game life without ever leaving their land..bull.

For now lets see how it plays out. It has basically been reverted to initial plan with safe zones so lets wait and see what after prelude brings

Quote Originally Posted by benz17 View Post
    I'm not fine with it.

In a real open world, if someone pisses you off enough at mines, resources, whatever, just open field, you come and destroy his crap.

In what Jordi 'envisioned' (this morning), someone pisses you off, and you can't do jack shit to their holdings because they've chosen to be a non-warring tribe (freaking nonsense).

Jordi, gratz on implementing trammel even before the launch.
    did u real read it nonwaring tribes cant attack ur zone its safe