Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    lol is this exchange making anyone else giggle uncontrollably?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    This is fantastic. The last 24 hrs have been some of the most fun forum pvp I've had in ages.

It's been the only bright spot of my day. I have 54 4-page short answer/stoichiometry tests to grade. I wrote "Show all of your work and show all of your units" underlined and in 14-point font at the beginning of each section and half still didn't do it. And then I know on Monday they'll argue with me about why they lost points. *sigh*

So yeah... This is my entertainment to break it up.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    stoichiometry
    Gesundheit!

Gesundheit!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    However, I think it's poor form for those people who refuse to take a risk to expect the same rewards as those who do. By flagging for war, I'm willing to risk everything I have built to utter destruction. I'm willing to accept the consequences for my actions. However, I also expect to be rewarded for putting my ass on the line. I won't have a magical safe zone to fall back on if I piss off the wrong people. What's my incentive for flagging? I really hope it's a situation where special resources/recipes are only available to flagged tribes.
    Haha, seriously?

The reward for being a warring tribe is that you are allowed to conquer other tribes. That's the whole point. It's simple risk vs. reward. You risk being conquered but you have the ability to conquer. It would be ridiculous if warring tribes were given special recipes or resources, that would be very unbalanced. Non-warring tribes will choose peace knowing they won't have the ability to conquer other tribes, and they won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Dont troll please.

At this point its obvious you havent read the thread and just want to spam with nonsense. As i said, rant away, im not really interested in people that just want to rant. Hopefully Jordi will be smart and implement actually balanced system, you know, a system that actually works, instead one side attack reward vs. 0 risk scenario some here want.

EDIT: mrcalhou, please if you want to continue discussion and look for solutions do that in another thread away from trolls and ranters, as i see you are interested in looking for solution instead just ranting.
    spam with nonsense? I've been pretty civil, factual, and provided examples of every potential problem your 'system' would introduce.

I have seen cities inflate from a pre-seige population of 30, to 100+ at the time of seige.
    I have attacked enemy cities vastly outnumbered just to see what happens, and in a longer term agenda of engaging in a battle of attrition (are my 20 more dedicated than your 100?)
    I have fought off odds of 3:1 at a seige.

these are not conceptual examples, these are 'lessons from another game'...hence the title of the post.

The dynamic that is proposed by the devs is abuseable, and the repurcussions of the abuse WILL have very negative consequences in a manner that you are not anticipating.

I'm sorry if you see me stating that as a desire to
    spam with nonsense
    im not really interested in people that just want to rant.
    no, you're not really interested in anyone that disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Prince View Post
    Haha, seriously?

The reward for being a warring tribe is that you are allowed to conquer other tribes. That's the whole point. It's simple risk vs. reward. You risk being conquered but you have the ability to conquer. It would be ridiculous if warring tribes were given special recipes or resources, that would be very unbalanced. Non-warring tribes will choose peace knowing they won't have the ability to conquer other tribes, and they won't care.
    And what does conquering someone get me? I sure hope it gives me something other than e-peen. I prefer my game to have some depth of purpose beyond bragging rights & the ability piss in somebody else's cheerios. Not all PvP'ers are teenage douche bags, ya know. I want resource control, baby! Ever read Sun Tzu? The only thing worth really fighting over is land.

And it's not ridiculous to think war-like tribes would develop certain technology faster than peace tribes, especially technology & advancements specifically related to war. THAT is my idea. The special recipes/resources I propose would be better armor, weapons, & defensive structures. If the carebears want the very best gear to protect their gatherers out in the field & play with the big boys, let 'em flag up I say!

Perhaps the sword can swing both ways, though. The protected peace tribes will have access to special things like ping pong tables & fountain gardens & shit. Seems a fair trade off, no?

And what does conquering someone get me? I sure hope it gives me something other than e-peen.
    It will get you more resources.

I prefer my game to have some depth of purpose beyond bragging rights & the ability piss in somebody else's cheerios. Not all PvP'ers are teenage douche bags, ya know. I want resource control, baby! Ever read Sun Tzu? The only thing worth really fighting over is land.

And it's not ridiculous to think war-like tribes would develop certain technology faster than peace tribes, especially technology & advancements specifically related to war. THAT is my idea. The special recipes/resources I propose would be better armor, weapons, & defensive structures. If the carebears want the very best gear to protect their gatherers out in the field & play with the big boys, let 'em flag up I say!

Perhaps the sword can swing both ways, though. The protected peace tribes will have access to special things like ping pong tables & fountain gardens & shit. Seems a fair trade off, no?
    I do see a bit more clearly where you're coming from. Now I must decide if I want siege machines or Xsyon ping pong tournaments.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Prince View Post
    Haha, seriously?

It would be ridiculous if warring tribes were given special recipes or resources, that would be very unbalanced.
    Could you please explain, given the fact that non-warring tribes will be safe and secure in their snuggly little blankets, how this would be unbalanced in anyway? Only warring tribes could ever have these weapons USED on them if they didn't want to. And they could, by and large, only use them on other warring tribes.

If you don't plan on fighting people, why should it matter if your weapons and armor are slightly less than the 100% best stuff available?