Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New tribe/hs/whatever is a major step backwards

These new changes are a BIG mistake. tribes now requiring 10 people again? droping down to lower systems if someone leaves and having to reform to get the land back when getting a member back? Crowding around homesteads? smaller homesteads.

All steps in the wrong direction. Squeezing the players into smaller and smaller areas will just squeeze us out to another game. This is a major problem in wurm now, trying to pack too many players into too small of an area and making a mess. The person who pointed me to this game is already talking of going for a refund and I'm thinking of doing the same.

Just about every beta I've been in, the devs do the stupidest things right before release, cutting corners, removing features, dumbing down, basiclly ruining what made the game good.

Bye. 1 less person crowding our world lol.

He's got a point, instead of just giving some idiot response, why don't you think about it for a while.

Jooky is really screwing things up now, trying to make everyone happy. He should know better.

How? He will be expanding the land. Come back in 3 months if you think your too crowded.

How can it be a step backwards if we haven't even seen it in action? And its funny all these talks about refunds, but not a legitimate claim to receive one.
    12. Refund Policy:

Xsyon (the "Service") is an interactive multiplayer online game world provided by Notorious Games, a Nevada LLC. It is not a product purchase. There are absolutely no refunds given on the establishment of an account and subscription to the service. The service is non-transferable. The Service is provided "AS IS" and is in a constant state of development and evolution. The experience of the online game will change over time. Signing up for the Xsyon service constitutes full acceptance of these Terms of Service and in accordance with these Terms of Service, Xsyon is a changing online world affected by the players. As such the world cannot be used as a free trial. Free trials will be offered separate from the paid Xsyon Service.

The Xsyon proprietary Game Client (the "Software") can be obtained as a free online download and is required for your usage of the Service. The software is a free download provided “AS IS.”

There will be no refunds issued should your computer fail to meet the minimum requirements to run the software or due to your dissatisfaction with the service.
    You can try for a refund but unfortunately, unless they are feeling charitable then I doubt you will receive one.

He brags about listening to the players and changing the tribes to 5 min was in responce to the players. Now he throwing that out the window and going with other peoples ideas. People who come to the game to make money coding, NOT to play the game because of what the game offered.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post
    These new changes are a BIG mistake. tribes now requiring 10 people again? droping down to lower systems if someone leaves and having to reform to get the land back when getting a member back? Crowding around homesteads? smaller homesteads.

All steps in the wrong direction. Squeezing the players into smaller and smaller areas will just squeeze us out to another game. This is a major problem in wurm now, trying to pack too many players into too small of an area and making a mess. The person who pointed me to this game is already talking of going for a refund and I'm thinking of doing the same.

Just about every beta I've been in, the devs do the stupidest things right before release, cutting corners, removing features, dumbing down, basiclly ruining what made the game good.
    +1

Also , so far , the server has not been able to handle the current population when everyone is on , as he admitted as the " MAIN " reason for going with 2 servers .

As i have said in another thread , and will keep saying . I do NOT believe that the server has gone from not handling the load , to suddenly being able to do so in a few hours , which means i have less Faith in the game launching without having a repeat of the 18th Feb .

This is an arguement of semantics.

Perhaps the first tribal area a tribe sets up should be mutual war agreement and once the mists open up there should be rare resources some far distance from everyone in a FFA area. In order to get these resource the tribe will have to make an expansion which no matter if they don't want pvp can be taken away from them.

So it gives the carebears an option. Either just craft with the small amount of resources in their main encampment, or venture off into the new area for the rare resources. This should make both parties happy.

Quote Originally Posted by vorg View Post

Read yesterday's first update. He's rolling back the mist & launching the first expansion area in less than two months. Things will be cozy for a short while, but they'll open up soon enough. And in the meantime, we have an opportunity for some tasty conflicts & rivalries to develop.