Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Since it will be a little "Crowded" there will be a lot more interesting things happen once the mist opens up. Who's going to leave? Any crazy tussles? Team scouting ops?

splitting to 2 servers WAS the bandaid fix

no splitting community WAS the original vision

Yes, I am part of the posting vocal minority, I agree.

Remember.. the people who post on forums are a minority of the actual player population in mmos and games in general.

New lands? He said it will be a very long time before any new land can be opened, they are still working extensively on the Existing land. Their words, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    But seriously.. have you wandered around the land lately? Totems and people everywhere that has any kind of junk, and many places that doesn't.
    It's not a wilderness, it's a big damn colony, from one side of the map to the other, with little splotches of wilderness on top of mountains here and there.
    They are, they said, no where near being able to open the green mist.. So where are new players going to go? No new subs? Ok, Jooky must be rich! Or maybe he'll have to sell to SoE to keep the game alive?
    This .

I also do NOT believe we have gone from :-

Quote Originally Posted by Xyson
    2) The main reason for this is to handle our current game population and anticipated growth over the next few months.
    To suddenly , in a matter of hours , being able to handle current population on one server . Add in the fact that he has admitted they are some time off pushing back the mist .
    If the game launches and does another 18th Feb , people will start to drop this like a hot rock .

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Since it will be a little "Crowded" there will be a lot more interesting things happen once the mist opens up. Who's going to leave? Any crazy tussles? Team scouting ops?
    Yes, a few years from now when they open the mist, things will be interesting!

Anyway my coffee is done brewing, time to go.. I'll leave you people to go on and on about your personal notions. without considering the implications, like usual. Like I do.

Yes, I am part of the posting vocal minority, I agree.

Remember.. the people who post on forums are a minority of the actual player population in mmos and games in general.

New lands? He said it will be a very long time before any new land can be opened, they are still working extensively on the Existing land. Their words, not mine.
    The existing land is some 10 times bigger than what we have within the green mist. They are working on this existing land, yes, but I don't think you're understanding how much bigger the world actually is already. It'll be like a month or 2 until they fix whatever maybe, but it's not like adding new land.

7. 03-05-2011, 09:42 AM

Yes, a few years from now when they open the mist, things will be interesting!

Anyway my coffee is done brewing, time to go.. I'll leave you people to go on and on about your personal notions. without considering the implications, like usual. Like I do.
    One last thing.. are YOU going to move to a new server when they eventually open one anyway, because they will have no choice? Who's going to abondan all their hard earned stuff on the main server to flesh out a new one?

If they launch with 2 servers, everyone has room to grow, both servers have stable populations in the long run, etc. Instead of one server that's "full" and one that'll be "for new players, with no population"

9. 03-05-2011, 09:47 AM

The first expansion zone should be ready by the end of April
    If you're not planning to play more than 2 months it really is long.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    The existing land is some 10 times bigger than what we have within the green mist. They are working on this existing land, yes, but I don't think you're understanding how much bigger the world actually is already. It'll be like a month or 2 until they fix whatever maybe, but it's not like adding new land.
    Yes, because you obviously know better than the DEVs, who are the ones who said a) this will not be opened in a long time, and b) the population is too big, the interest in the game is bigger than they expected. The design is not for that many people.

Now he's got to do bandaids to try to make it work, because a few posters in the forums cried over and over... Well fine, We can do the same to convince him that he's making an even bigger mistake by trying to cram everyone into one shard.

One last thing.. are YOU going to move to a new server when they eventually open one anyway, because they will have no choice? Who's going to abondan all their hard earned stuff on the main server to flesh out a new one?

If they launch with 2 servers, everyone has room to grow, both servers have stable populations in the long run, etc. Instead of one server that's "full" and one that'll be "for new players, with no population"
    If they launch 2 servers both will be half empty.
    I would be playing darkfall right now if the servers were merged and there was still enough people playing to have some decent fights, instead they split NA and EU and now the servers are both empty, with only ghost holdings.

Don't expect a niche game like this to have such a large population when the last 2 that came out, Mortal Online and Darkfall both struggled with low populations.