Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Did you even READ Jordi's post?

"This decision was made not because of the arguments and complaints but arose from proposals from the other programmers to resolve the crowding issues without the additional complications of managing two worlds."

His update talks about how he didn't want to have to manage 2 servers with a small team and yet you seem to think he did it for us. He just happen to make everyone but you happy in the process, now who's the whiner?

Yay one server again! Go Xsyon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Yes, because you obviously know better than the DEVs, who are the ones who said a) this will not be opened in a long time, and b) the population is too big, the interest in the game is bigger than they expected. The design is not for that many people.

Now he's got to do bandaids to try to make it work, because a few posters in the forums cried over and over... Well fine, We can do the same to convince him that he's making an even bigger mistake by trying to cram everyone into one shard.
    they said april at the earliest though...

Next weekend, it will be interesting to see how many are wanting a second server if the pings are back to 900+ ms due to over population.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Next weekend, it will be interesting to see how many are wanting a second server if the pings are back to 900+ ms due to over population.
    Exactly.......

Of course people want better performance... It's the different development path for each server was the concern.

Increased subscriptions requiring an additional server is a “good problem” for the developer.

Edit: If that is of such a huge concern for you I would suggest you never pre-order an MMO again.

Perhaps the first tribal area a tribe sets up should be mutual war agreement and once the mists open up there should be rare resources some far distance from everyone in a FFA area. In order to get these resource the tribe will have to make an expansion which no matter if they don't want pvp can be taken away from them.

So it gives the carebears an option. Either just craft with the small amount of resources in their main encampment, or venture off into the new area for the rare resources. This should make both parties happy. Although the prelude 6-9 months is a bit too much, hopefully they will lower it to around 2-3 months then make the new expansion areas.

That's a possibility, but clearly not one Jordi is expecting. I don't think he's a complete moron, & only a complete moron would set himself up for a repeat of 2/18. He sees the code & I'm willing to bet he's learned from the mistakes last month; for now I'll trust his judgment until I see evidence to the contrary next week.

This thread is full of an incredible amount of sense. . . I need to leave the forums now while I still feel like the community is on a high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    Of course people want better performance... It's the different development path for each server was the concern.

Increased subscriptions requiring an additional server is a “good problem” for the developer.

Edit: If that is of such a huge concern for you I would suggest you never pre-order an MMO again.
    No concern of mine but thanks. Been playing mmos since Meridian 59 and have done my share of betas and pre-orders. Increased subscription pop is great but then losing them to an inability to host that pop is another. I was here for the first launch and weathered that storm. Just not looking forward to it again. Hopefully it will not be an issue this time.

@baka77 I hope the same and have my fingers crossed.