Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Stop listening to the vocal minority of players

Xsyon dude, stop listening to the cry babies who post on forums, they are a minority. Stick with your vision: If you feel the population needs to be split on 2 servers, then do so.. What the hell? Trying to cram everyone into one server is just going to ruin everything.

We're going to have a baidaid quick fix to try to make the population work on one server, and that's just going to be aweful. And where is new player growth going to happen? There's no room as it is.

So we'll have max-pop queues, and you'll eventually have to start a new server anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Xsyon dude, stop listening to the cry babies who post on forums, they are a minority. Stick with your vision: If you feel the population needs to be split on 2 servers, then do so.. What the hell? Trying to cram everyone into one server is just going to ruin everything.
    Do you realize that by reverting to one server he actually IS sticking with his original vision? LMAO

The only reason he needed two servers was the homestead/animal issue. His team has come up with some work-arounds for those issues & thus we're now back to one server. Rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Do you realize that by reverting to one server he actually IS sticking with his original vision? LMAO

The only reason he needed two servers was the homestead/animal issue. His team has come up with some work-arounds for those issues & thus we're now back to one server. Rejoice!
    That's right, bandaid code fixes to try to make it work, shifting his vision of how it works to try to cram as many people into one server as possible.

Think about that.

Nevermind the War/Peace thing, it should have always been just 2 servers of the same ruleset

Jooky never wanted to have 2 servers so he is just following his heart atm.
    He learned from the mistake to listen to people and create two servers.

Short: He is awesome 1 server ftw !

That's right, bandaid code fixes to try to make it work, shifting his vision of how it works to try to cram as many people into one server as possible.

Think about that.

Nevermind the War/Peace thing, it should have always been just 2 servers of the same ruleset
    LOL, it was always his vision to have one server. And funny enough, a lot of people think his "band-aid code fixes" actually add some cool new meta-gaming elements.

Two servers would split the entire playerbase, my heart dropped when I just logged in and saw on my Tribe Forums "Two servers official" and then I saw right above it "Ok, back to one server" I'm glad I haven't been able to be active because as soon as the news about two servers hit I probably would have thrown my computer out the window. This is supposed to be a living breathing world, sandboxes cannot be on seperate servers, it destroys the whole idea of the game. Is eve online on two servers? No. Is Mortal Online on two servers? NO! It's called a Sandbox for a reason, not sandboxes.

All in all, I'm just glad they decided to stick with their original vision.

Jooky must be on crack if he's listening to you people. You people are on crack to be listening to Jooky. Everyone is on crack!

But seriously.. have you wandered around the land lately? Totems and people everywhere that has any kind of junk, and many places that doesn't.

It's not a wilderness, it's a big damn colony, from one side of the map to the other, with little splotches of wilderness on top of mountains here and there.

They are, they said, no where near being able to open the green mist.. So where are new players going to go? No new subs? Ok, Jooky must be rich! Or maybe he'll have to sell to SoE to keep the game alive?

Uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    Two servers would split the entire playerbase, my heart dropped when I just logged in and saw on my Tribe Forums "Two servers official" and then I saw right above it "Ok, back to one server" I'm glad I haven't been able to be active because as soon as the news about two servers hit I probably would have thrown my computer out the window. This is supposed to be a living breathing world, sandboxes cannot be on seperate servers, it destroys the whole idea of the game. Is eve online on two servers? No. Is Mortal Online on two servers? NO! It's called a Sandbox for a reason, not sandboxes.

All in all, I'm just glad they decided to stick with their original vision.
    You sir, are damn silly.

Sandbox is sandbox reguardless of how many server instances there are. That in fact has nothing to do with the term sandbox.

As for Mortal Online, they are lucky to have enough players for one mini-server, let alone opening other servers heh

We're going to have a baidaid quick fix to try to make the population work on one server, and that's just going to be aweful. And where is new player growth going to happen? There's no room as it is.

So we'll have max-pop queues, and you'll eventually have to start a new server anyway.
    randomt YOU ARE THE VOCAL MINORITY.

Im not religious, but I woke up thanking god that xsyon wont have 2 ghost servers like darkfall.

A lot of homesteads will disapear in first few weeks. They'll join a tribe or move closer to one.
    In a month or so new lands will be available. Have you seen how much scrap is in the mist now?
    It'll be crowded in the begining, but better in a long run.

And right now you're a vocal minority.