Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Problem with bin access for friends

I set access to a bin to "Friends", and then set another character as a "Friend". Every time the other character tries to access the bin, he gets the message "You cannot do that here." The bin is on my homestead land.

Is this a known bug? Does the bin have to NOT be on tribal/homestead land?

probably since it's on your land. Put it in the bug section of the forums.

Yeah, I think the tribe totem member permissions section controls who can access baskets on your land. I think the friends basket setting is for out in the wild. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I set access to a bin to "Friends", and then set another character as a "Friend". Every time the other character tries to access the bin, he gets the message "You cannot do that here." The bin is on my homestead land.

Is this a known bug? Does the bin have to NOT be on tribal/homestead land?
    Think of it as a positive that will keep warring tribes from having a safe area to store items.

Ok, I did some experiments. I created a homestead, and placed bins, then had my alt try to open them. I set two bins, one just inside the tribal boundary, and one just outside. Here are the results:

- if a player is not a member of the tribe, and is on tribal land, he cannot open any bins, no matter the permissions
    - a player marked as a friend can open a bin if the permissions are set to "Friends", unless the player is on tribal land
    - you can place a bin on tribal land that can be accessed from outside, if you place it right on the border

So you can set a bin just inside the border, set it to Friends, and load it up safely from within the camp. Friends can access it without having to trespass on tribal lands.