Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    The more you increase the risk of dying, the greater degree we'll go to ensure we don't die.
    Hi-penalty pvp only ensures that when it does happens, it is horrible unfair.
    True - but if now and then something horrible and unfair happens, it will not go unnoticed. The tribe will be branded as a potential danger by everybody else. Better attack them before they attack you.

I guess some of you know the notorious griefer-guild "Goon Squad". Haven & Hearth is the only game where their devision switched from being trouble-makers to crushing trouble-makers. They're basically running the trade hub and playing the police now. Priceless!

unfair in that ther ewould be no fight engaged upon that didn't have the absolute certainty of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    unfair in that ther ewould be no fight engaged upon that didn't have the absolute certainty of winning.
    What's wrong with that? That's how life functions and the fact is, nothing is ever certain not even the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Perma death, I've always had a problem with it. Here's why. There is no way to account for lag spikes, varying pings, & other technical "glitches" that could potentially allow someone to lose a fight they might have otherwise won. If everyone was on the exact same connection & if it was 100% stable 100% of the time & if there were no exploits & if there were no cheaters/hackers, then I'd be more ok with perma death. However, those are a lot of "if's" & no game to date has been able to resolve all of them.
    This is totally the correct answer to perma-death. Nothing would induce more game quitting rage then losing your 3 month old character to a glitch/lag spike/stuck/ bug etc. or losing your tribal lands because everyone in your tribe has to work a real life job.

I am all for their original idea of having characters age and eventually have to retire/die - (roughly 3 years playing time is what I heard)

I think the fact that you can lose hours and hours of travel time, as well as all your items - not to mention stat loss - is pretty hardcore - asking for more is just asking for an empty server in my decades of gaming opinion.

The only good perma-death I've seen is the Jedi death in SWG... something that made freakin sense to balance the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    The only good perma-death I've seen is the Jedi death in SWG... something that made freakin sense to balance the universe.
    Oh, i didn't even know about that... how did that work in SWG?

Personally, I'd like permadeath, but I can't see it happen.

Many of the PvPers play these games for combat activities alone, when you take that away they will leave. Permadeath is a great RP-tool in that it makes sure that combat takes place in the context of the game, for a cause. But that also means that combat will happen infrequently - and since many people (I'm not one of them) enjoy combat above all they will just leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by StarvingSteve View Post
    Oh, i didn't even know about that... how did that work in SWG?
    You unlocked a force sensitive character slot...
    ...bounty hunter class actually hunted jedi characters...
    ....if your force sensitive character jedi died... it really died.

It was a long time ago. They changed it before the first CU stuff happened.

I do not support perma-death, but I do support heavy item destruction like in Eve-Online.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    What's wrong with that? That's how life functions and the fact is, nothing is ever certain not even the obvious.
    Life sucks. This is a game. It's supposed to be fun. If the game sucks, it wont be fun, no one will play and the devs will go broke and lose their houses.