Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Yeah, but I don't think that anyone should have to count on a GM or something at any point for normal gameplay things. I also think that you shouldn't be able to use /unstuck and keep your stuff. If you are in a tribe and you get fenced in or fall down a hole, then you should get your tribemates to help you get out with ladders or something. If you are alone and noone would be able to come help you then you should be able to /suicide which will bring you back to your totem or spawn point (starting area) but leaves your corpse and items behind. I see no reason what-so-ever why players couldn't use fences and pit-traps as legitimate strategic options. The devs just need to make it balanced for everyone involved; not just one party. If I build a trap and someone falls in, well I should get their stuff if they can't find another way out. Because it's not impossible for them to avoid it if they are aware of their current situation.
    I hope in the future, in areas without safe zones around settlements, that we can all have fun with pit traps and rope ladders and maybe even ransoms, plus crazy siege engines and tunneling under structures. But for right now, even if I called 100 friends to my side, they still couldn't get me over a chin-high dirt 'fence'.

Hey I've only been here for about a week. And this is my first post...

First off i am a solo'r and in the week and a half i've played i didn't have any arguments with the game as it is. Though it is understandable fencing will cause some problems but there are ways around this. I joined up with Apache there a decent tribe and helpful so the first thought that comes to mind. If your worried about getting fenced in but want to stay solo plot next to a tribe that's neutral/good and wont mind having a single person next to them. a single person in that since poses no real threat. A big part of this game is going to have the ability to communicate with neighbors. where all going to be crammed together til they expand our area. Personally i'm sure when we open to place totems a good portion of tribes will try for there old stomping grounds So i'll just move more towards the mist. Remember life's a pain in the ass and this is a survival mmo lol someone's going to have to get over something if the game is changed to suit everyone no one will enjoy it. I probably wont log in for the totem drop as it'll just be a hassle i have no problem picking up the left overs i can't complain because i'm going it alone and i'm perfectly fine with that. It isn't going to cramp my style any. Though i wont be joining any tribes i doubt i wont have neighbors to trade with. But being a solo kinda guy doesn't make me a "carebear" i'll bury any would be ganker or what have you facing west and face down. Not all of us solers are complaing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineth_Gate View Post
    Hey I've only been here for about a week. And this is my first post...

First off i am a solo'r and in the week and a half i've played i didn't have any arguments with the game as it is. Though it is understandable fencing will cause some problems but there are ways around this. I joined up with Apache there a decent tribe and helpful so the first thought that comes to mind. If your worried about getting fenced in but want to stay solo plot next to a tribe that's neutral/good and wont mind having a single person next to them. a single person in that since poses no real threat. A big part of this game is going to have the ability to communicate with neighbors. where all going to be crammed together til they expand our area. Personally i'm sure when we open to place totems a good portion of tribes will try for there old stomping grounds So i'll just move more towards the mist. Remember life's a pain in the ass and this is a survival mmo lol someone's going to have to get over something if the game is changed to suit everyone no one will enjoy it. I probably wont log in for the totem drop as it'll just be a hassle i have no problem picking up the left overs i can't complain because i'm going it alone and i'm perfectly fine with that. It isn't going to cramp my style any. Though i wont be joining any tribes i doubt i wont have neighbors to trade with. But being a solo kinda guy doesn't make me a "carebear" i'll bury any would be ganker or what have you facing west and face down. Not all of us solers are complaing...
    You wouldn't get the chance to bury anyone if someone really were allowed to put a fence around you, although I suppose you could RP a dog and run around your little pen, barking at people. In any case, it's no longer a concern. Tribes won't be allowed to grief homesteaders this way.

But why does 'facing west and face down' sound familiar? I'm guessing it's a tribal superstition involving preventing the ghost of someone you've killed from haunting you, but I can't remember for sure where I heard it. Hm, for some reason it's also bringing up a rather negative association for me. Must've heard it from a particularly awful ex of mine. (May he find no peace or happiness in this life or any other.) Not that I believe in ghosts, curses, or an after life, but whatever.

It's a kind of insult used by the native Americans during a burial serimony. It's actual two insults in one. If you know all people buried in the u.s. are always buried feet to the east or facing east it's a good omen of a kind it means your soul will live to see the light of another day simply put. Moreover facing west is bad as your soul is dammed to never see the light of another day... Being buried face down was used by the native American on those who commented especially haness crimes. The meaning in this practice is facing up you looking in the heavens facing down your soul is dammed to stare into the depths of hell for all eternity. The only movie i know of is the original ammityville horror. Wich is based on actual events of the sort that there is actualy a single native American buried on the land who was buried face down by his tribe... similar to the south American ritual of sansa (i've probably spelled it wrong, and also has nothing to do with the Japanese ritual which i believe has similar pronunciation lol) or more commonly know as head shrinking which was very rarely ever used in real life. Also if you do the research most of the heads in any museum are either faked or illegal obtained later on the tribesman who performed such rituals where killed by there families and had the act performed on them.

But more importantly I wouldn't put my self in a situation where there was a need for someone to fence my homestead i'm not here to screw others over just enjoy the game so i wouldn't stead a jp anyways seems pointless to me in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by Nineth_Gate View Post
    It's a kind of insult used by the native Americans during a burial serimony. It's actual two insults in one. If you know all people buried in the u.s. are always buried feet to the east or facing east it's a good omen of a kind it means your soul will live to see the light of another day simply put. Moreover facing west is bad as your soul is dammed to never see the light of another day... Being buried face down was used by the native American on those who commented especially haness crimes. The meaning in this practice is facing up you looking in the heavens facing down your soul is dammed to stare into the depths of hell for all eternity. The only movie i know of is the original ammityville horror. Wich is based on actual events of the sort that there is actualy a single native American buried on the land who was buried face down by his tribe... similar to the south American ritual of sansa (i've probably spelled it wrong, and also has nothing to do with the Japanese ritual which i believe has similar pronunciation lol) or more commonly know as head shrinking which was very rarely ever used in real life. Also if you do the research most of the heads in any museum are either faked or illegal obtained later on the tribesman who performed such rituals where killed by there families and had the act performed on them.

But more importantly I wouldn't put my self in a situation where there was a need for someone to fence my homestead i'm not here to screw others over just enjoy the game so i wouldn't stead a jp anyways seems pointless to me in the long run...
    Ah, ty. The guy was such a liar he likely picked up that little tidbit from a movie, although he was Native American, I doubt he ever gave much of a real damn about his own culture or actually knew much about it, he was too busy running around acting like an idiot, telling lies, and ruining lives.

Guess going the cremation route sidesteps that whole issue (note to self on final wishes, just in case ).

As for putting yourself in the situation where someone would feel a need to fence you...while most of this community is surprisingly good, shockingly good in fact, for an mmo with a heavy pvp element, you do realize there are plenty of people who don't need a reason to grief someone, right?