Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    In the area of my tribe there is about 7 220m minimum areas to place for tribes and thats just in my zone. I don't know what zone your working in but there is room. They just don't have the complete ideal conditions.
    All I need for a spot to be viable in a crowded world that can be fenced is access to water and junk in my homestead safe zone. Guess what? All of those are going to be snatched up by tribes, tribe alts, tribal groups split off to claim more land for their tribes in completely unfair but mechanically permissible ways.

A homesteader will have to not only find such a place, but will have to log in and beat all of 5 tribe members to it when the time comes to place a totem.

Good luck with that.

Even if the homesteader is lucky enough to succeed, they then can't leave their area for fear of being fenced out of it, and can't leave their area and walk within the fencing without being killable by invulnerable tribe members from the surrounding tribes.

That's not viable.

So 1 person should be free to potentially cockblock 50 others out of valuable resources and land, and expect no retaliation? Not very MMorpg like is it?

I'm not aware of your own personal motivations and play style, so please don't consider the statement personal. I just want for large communities to have the ability to deal with griefers and bad neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    So 1 person should be free to potentially cockblock 50 others out of valuable resources and land, and expect no retaliation? Not very MMorpg like is it?

I'm not aware of your own personal motivations and play style, so please don't consider the statement personal. I just want for large communities to have the ability to deal with griefers and bad neighbors.
    But how will solo players deal with groups of griefers? What is unfair for a group to have to endure is also unfair for the individual to have to endure.

We need more junk piles in isolated areas or tribes must not be able to fence in a homesteader. Period. I can't think of any other way to keep both play styles viable.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    In the area of my tribe there is about 7 220m minimum areas to place for tribes and thats just in my zone. I don't know what zone your working in but there is room. They just don't have the complete ideal conditions.
    Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.
    Man, am I seeing some great spots that deserve some junk right now. The whole 657 area would be crap for tribes to settle and perfect for solo players and groups of three or four to live on, it just needs some junk.

I have a suggestion.

If a homestead is surrounded by a tribe then fencing the homestead should be considered as griefing and should be against the rules. The homestead player should be unvulnerable in the surrounding tribe's area for the tribemembers unless he/she is flagged for stealing resources.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    But how will solo players deal with groups of griefers? What is unfair for a group to have to endure is also unfair for the individual to have to endure.

We need more junk piles in isolated areas or tribes must not be able to fence in a homesteader. Period. I can't think of any other way to keep both play styles viable.
    This is something that the dev team obviously hasn't been able to sort out. This game's line between griefing and territorial control methods is a very fine one.

I agree though that scattered junk piles of small/medium size would help in facilitating the existence of solo players.

It is realistic for in a post-apocalyptic world that people that band together and make a tribe will have more opportunities than 1 guy by himself. Stop crying and get over it.

Tandarie your analogy is flawed, because if 50 people got to eat the filet and ONLY you had to eat the spam, THEN go somewhere else to eat. Meaning, leave and go play another game if you don't like the rules or make some friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Reporting them would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I have a suggestion.

If a homestead is surrounded by a tribe then fencing the homestead should be considered as griefing and should be against the rules. The homestead player should be unvulnerable in the surrounding tribe's area for the tribemembers unless he/she is flagged for stealing resources.
    Well that would work for me, especially since it does now require 10 and not 5 to make an actual tribe that can surround a homestead (I'd forgotten about the change making 5-9 clans and not tribes, that should help with some totem placement day exploiting I know people are planning). But I still think it would be far better to not allow a mechanic that could lead to that kind of griefing in the first place and instead scatter junk in isolated locations (code permitting) so we homesteaders and you tribes never have to call in a guide over issues like fencing in the first place.