Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    We will kill all the tribes, repeatedly and alot. me and ifireallymust are both grizzled vets of pvp. i havent actually ever killed anyone but i will. As soon as i find out how to kill someone i am going to do it. Yes and many times, repeatedly and alot. So please be afraid, all of you. Your fences on your scrapheaps we will climb because my wife is crafting some frigging vine/rope stuff which she made out of 14 baskets of useful flowers. We're gonna climb over your fences and scavenge your 3 nails and 4 spikes and 1 large metal sheets over and over again and repeatedly until we can craft some pliers. Then were going to trade you for a saw. Then we will repeatedly kill you. So just watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    We will kill all the tribes, repeatedly and alot. me and ifireallymust are both grizzled vets of pvp. i havent actually ever killed anyone but i will. As soon as i find out how to kill someone i am going to do it. Yes and many times, repeatedly and alot. So please be afraid, all of you. Your fences on your scrapheaps we will climb because my wife is crafting some frigging vine/rope stuff which she made out of 14 baskets of useful flowers. We're gonna climb over your fences and scavenge your 3 nails and 4 spikes and 1 large metal sheets over and over again and repeatedly until we can craft some pliers. Then were going to trade you for a saw. Then we will repeatedly kill you. So just watch out.

You're funny. But you're supposed to tell them to eat in fear, message us when they get back.

On a side note: I knew those damn flowers were good for something!

Side note #2: I start out as woodcutter, I'm not trading any old saw to any old entitlement tribe. I don't want to dirty my blood drenched hands with their merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    That's the spirit!

I admit, I'm not much for killing other people in games. I would log in and go practice right now, but I'm reinstalling the client in hopes of being able to cross zone boundaries in search of prey.

As soon as I'm able to chase you down without having to relog, rest assured, I'm coming for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I admit, I'm not much for killing other people in games. I would log in and go practice right now, but I'm reinstalling the client in hopes of being able to cross zone boundaries in search of prey.

As soon as I'm able to chase you down without having to relog, rest assured, I'm coming for you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by randomt
    That's the spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeous View Post
    You do that. I live far enough away from anyone that nothing that you're whining about will actually affect me. So it's no skin off my back, really. The closest homestead, much less tribe, was about a 15 minute run away from us.

By the way, do you need a tissue?
    Heh you say that now, but many of the homesteaders around the lake might find themselves out of luck as big tribes take up the space.. So I'd expect an outward immigration come launch.. Not to mention new players at that point will want places, new tribes, new homesteads.. expect neibhors pretty soon at your hidden secret junk spots heh.. There's not that many places left already.. Wouldn't have been an issue with a 2 server thing but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeous View Post
    You do that. I live far enough away from anyone that nothing that you're whining about will actually affect me. So it's no skin off my back, really. The closest homestead, much less tribe, was about a 15 minute run away from us.

By the way, do you need a tissue?
    I need your pixelated blood all over my pixelated axe.

Download time remaining: approximately 6 hours.

Will you be on later this evening?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Enjoy your unviable solo play while you suck up to the tribes and devs.

I'll get a refund and spend my $40 in hopes that next time, I get what I paid for.
    I find this comment here to be the best inidcator of the differences in people and how they play a game. As a soloer, on a homestead, on the lake, you want to know the extend of 'suckin up' I have had to do to befreind the large tribes around me?

I walked over to their tribal land once, sat down and BSed with them for maybe 20 minutes. Thats it right there. We talked about what they do, what they believe in. I mentioned how I live and that I might be looking for trade later on. Offered to make things to order if they had a need. Then I said good day and went back to my business. They talk to me all the time now, all because I made an effort to be social with them once.

I'm sure most people on this game who are planning on going solo who are telling you to just stop this already are wondering like me, why you can't even do that one simple thing. Because it really does come down to just that right there. Either you as a player are willing to try and work with your neighbors or your not. And if your not, then you better be willing to take on the consiquences of thatchoice your making.

By the looks of your comments here however, it would appear you neither want to make the effort to work with your neighbors nor do you wish to accept what you get if you do not try.

The truth is though, that the only appearant solution to your problem, and yes it is solely your problem by your own choices, the solution is for you to find a game that better suits your NEEDS. Xsyon is not a handout game, sorry.

9. 03-07-2011, 04:15 AM

I have just read through this whole thread ...phew!

No matter whether we agree with him or not, hes not arguing about how he plays the game, or how he could compromise etc.....

Hes just stating that the game mechanics are unfair to the solo player! can someone show me a quote where it says " Xyson is not for solo players " or anything along them lines? if you can then,...ye hes wrong.

If you can't however then we all have to admit he is right! in most games there is a " stuck " command for when you get trapped in/out of something. It's not considered a gameplay feature but a bug fix feature.........is being stuck a gameplay feature in Xyson?

I am considering leaving my tribe and starting solo myself now as it seems the more difficult way to go.....it seems there is way too much easy mode being handed on a plate for Tribes.

11. 03-07-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    Hes just stating that the game mechanics are unfair to the solo player! can someone show me a quote where it says " Xyson is not for solo players " or anything along them lines? if you can then,...ye hes wrong.
    Uhm. The thing about it is that the people aren't saying he's wrong. The people are saying that given the nature of the game (i.e. MULTIplayer) solo players and small groups are going to have more difficulty. It's an inevitability. The real world isn't any different. One person can get out there and survive and thrive, but ten people working together are going to have a much easier time.

Strength in Numbers and whatnot.

People who make the decision to go solo should be bright enough (I would hope?) to recognize that no matter what the devs do with the mechanics the cards are going to be heavily stacked against the solo players. This doesn't make them less viable as a time. It's just reality that more people are better at things than one.