Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
Yeah, but I don't think that anyone should have to count on a GM or something at any point for normal gameplay things. I also think that you shouldn't be able to use /unstuck and keep your stuff. If you are in a tribe and you get fenced in or fall down a hole, then you should get your tribemates to help you get out with ladders or something. If you are alone and noone would be able to come help you then you should be able to /suicide which will bring you back to your totem or spawn point (starting area) but leaves your corpse and items behind. I see no reason what-so-ever why players couldn't use fences and pit-traps as legitimate strategic options. The devs just need to make it balanced for everyone involved; not just one party. If I build a trap and someone falls in, well I should get their stuff if they can't find another way out. Because it's not impossible for them to avoid it if they are aware of their current situation.
I hope in the future, in areas without safe zones around settlements, that we can all have fun with pit traps and rope ladders and maybe even ransoms, plus crazy siege engines and tunneling under structures. But for right now, even if I called 100 friends to my side, they still couldn't get me over a chin-high dirt 'fence'.