Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    Hmmm...how patient do you think these "10yo griefer with 4 friends" will be? I can't imagine they'll be very patient at all & will move on sooner rather than later if they're getting no satisfaction or rise out of the homesteader. I don't really see such thug tactics as this being very successful. You also have to consider that the land will expand by the end of April & even more beyond that. I highly doubt every tribe or homesteader in the game will choose to stay in their original spot forever & ever.
    Unless you have never played an online game before in your life you will already be aware that if it can happen via the game mechanics, it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    Unless you have never played an online game before in your life you will already be aware that if it can happen via the game mechanics, it will happen.
    Oh, I fully expect it to happen. I just said I didn't think that kind of griefer tactic would be very successful in the long run.

What a bunch of lies and justifications. I've been all over the map. Very few places have no totem. I am looking again today, not for the first time, so far, in all the hours I've explored, I have found no location where I couldn't be either fenced in with a water source and junk or fenced out if I left my homestead, and even coordinates I had written down that were literally in green mist are taken.

So stop telling lies, tribe members, there isn't enough to go around, and you're just tickled silly that you're the ones who will be getting access to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    What a bunch of lies and justifications. I've been all over the map. Very few places have no totem. I am looking again today, not for the first time, so far, in all the hours I've explored, I have found no location where I couldn't be either fenced in with a water source and junk or fenced out if I left my homestead, and even coordinates I had written down that were literally in green mist are taken.

So stop telling lies, tribe members, there isn't enough to go around, and you're just tickled silly that you're the ones who will be getting access to it all.
    In the area of my tribe there is about 7 220m minimum areas to place for tribes and thats just in my zone. I don't know what zone your working in but there is room. They just don't have the complete ideal conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    In the area of my tribe there is about 7 220m minimum areas to place for tribes and thats just in my zone. I don't know what zone your working in but there is room. They just don't have the complete ideal conditions.
    All I need for a spot to be viable in a crowded world that can be fenced is access to water and junk in my homestead safe zone. Guess what? All of those are going to be snatched up by tribes, tribe alts, tribal groups split off to claim more land for their tribes in completely unfair but mechanically permissible ways.

A homesteader will have to not only find such a place, but will have to log in and beat all of 5 tribe members to it when the time comes to place a totem.

Good luck with that.

Even if the homesteader is lucky enough to succeed, they then can't leave their area for fear of being fenced out of it, and can't leave their area and walk within the fencing without being killable by invulnerable tribe members from the surrounding tribes.

That's not viable.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Lemme put it in this perspective. We are all going to Ruth Chris for dinner. You get a big juicy filet. I get to eat spam and I have to eat it out back in the kitchen so it doesn't offend you folks eating steak. But we both paid the same amount of money for dinner.

For the most part I just really want a playable game to launch. But If I must be treated like a second class citizen I would appreciate tribes to stop rubbing our noses in spam and telling us to shut up and eat it. Thats all.
    Man, am I seeing some great spots that deserve some junk right now. The whole 657 area would be crap for tribes to settle and perfect for solo players and groups of three or four to live on, it just needs some junk.

It is realistic for in a post-apocalyptic world that people that band together and make a tribe will have more opportunities than 1 guy by himself. Stop crying and get over it.

Tandarie your analogy is flawed, because if 50 people got to eat the filet and ONLY you had to eat the spam, THEN go somewhere else to eat. Meaning, leave and go play another game if you don't like the rules or make some friends.

Wait...wat? Did I get there before you therefore there was no steak left for you? Assuming so, had I showed up late, it would have been you eating the steak and me eating the spam.

I love analogies, so I'll play along. Yay!

Here is my take on the steakhouse. We both go to Ruth Chris, but I'm with a birthday party of 20 people. You're flying solo, taking up a 4 top that means the restaurant now has 3 empty seats. All 21 of us order the same steak. Now, the waiter realizes he's getting a bigger tip from the 20 top, so guess what...we are probably gonna get our drinks refilled a little faster & our plates brought out a little quicker. However, you'll get your steak too. And it'll probably be just as delicious as mine. We all get tasty vittles, but you are just gonna have to accept the reality of the situation that your $10 tip is not quite as important to the waiter as the $200 tip my party is gonna drop.

Ok, you can now proceed to tell me what an ass I am & how I should stop posting on the forums today because you GET IT. Let the games begin!!! HEY OHHH!!! <Anchorman reference ftw>