Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

A Tribe Can't Fence in a Homestead

Just make it so a tribe can't put a fence around a homestead, and I'm sure we soloers can figure out how to work around every other problem brought on by being outnumbered in an overcrowded area.

But we won't be able to play if we can be fenced in or shut out of our own homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    in an overcrowded area.
    Here is your problem. Pick a less crowded area, mate! I posted this to you in other threads. If you're so concerned about having your plot of land "seized" by a large tribe, just find a more strategic spot to place you totem. Explore a bit & don't plop down at the first or largest junk pile you can find. There are tons of areas out there that have just enough flat land for a home plot & a small nearby junk pile that will never interest any proper tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    There are tons of areas out there that have just enough flat land for a home plot & a small nearby junk pile that will never interest any proper tribe.
    this i agree. i found a beautiful place way the h*** out in the middle of no where. and its awsome and i think even in this low pop time *with all the wipes* i have seen maybe one person even come within view range the land is out there for the adventurous and those that can take a few mins to LEARN to read the gps cords on their screen.

Here is your problem. Pick a less crowded area, mate! I posted this to you in other threads. If you're so concerned about having your plot of land "seized" by a large tribe, just find a more strategic spot to place you totem. Explore a bit & don't plop down at the first or largest junk pile you can find. There are tons of areas out there that have just enough flat land for a home plot & a small nearby junk pile that will never interest any proper tribe.
    If the game mechanic allows it, then it will happen. The answer is not to allow it to still happen but blame the homestead owner because he chose a piece of land that fancied him. The answer is to change the game mechanics so this cannot happen.

Why the F would i want to play the game if my playstyle accounts for nothing in this game and any 10yo griefer with 4 friends can drop a totem next to mine, fence me in, wait till i disband and then keep my architecture or destroy it all and reclaim all the resourses in the building structures i made. When resourses are mega scarce this might even be a good tactic just to collect nails, timber etc?

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    If the game mechanic allows it, then it will happen. The answer is not to allow it to still happen but blame the homestead owner because he chose a piece of land that fancied him. The answer is to change the game mechanics so this cannot happen.

Why the F would i want to play the game if my playstyle accounts for nothing in this game and any 10yo griefer with 4 friends can drop a totem next to mine, fence me in, wait till i disband and then keep my architecture or destroy it all and reclaim all the resourses in the building structures i made. When resourses are mega scarce this might even be a good tactic just to collect nails, timber etc?
    Hmmm...how patient do you think these "10yo griefer with 4 friends" will be? I can't imagine they'll be very patient at all & will move on sooner rather than later if they're getting no satisfaction or rise out of the homesteader. I don't really see such thug tactics as this being very successful. You also have to consider that the land will expand by the end of April & even more beyond that. I highly doubt every tribe or homesteader in the game will choose to stay in their original spot forever & ever.

to bad a 5 man group isnt a tribe anymore. lol L2read

Hmmm...how patient do you think these "10yo griefer with 4 friends" will be? I can't imagine they'll be very patient at all & will move on sooner rather than later if they're getting no satisfaction or rise out of the homesteader. I don't really see such thug tactics as this being very successful. You also have to consider that the land will expand by the end of April & even more beyond that. I highly doubt every tribe or homesteader in the game will choose to stay in their original spot forever & ever.
    Unless you have never played an online game before in your life you will already be aware that if it can happen via the game mechanics, it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    Unless you have never played an online game before in your life you will already be aware that if it can happen via the game mechanics, it will happen.
    Oh, I fully expect it to happen. I just said I didn't think that kind of griefer tactic would be very successful in the long run.

What a bunch of lies and justifications. I've been all over the map. Very few places have no totem. I am looking again today, not for the first time, so far, in all the hours I've explored, I have found no location where I couldn't be either fenced in with a water source and junk or fenced out if I left my homestead, and even coordinates I had written down that were literally in green mist are taken.

So stop telling lies, tribe members, there isn't enough to go around, and you're just tickled silly that you're the ones who will be getting access to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    What a bunch of lies and justifications. I've been all over the map. Very few places have no totem. I am looking again today, not for the first time, so far, in all the hours I've explored, I have found no location where I couldn't be either fenced in with a water source and junk or fenced out if I left my homestead, and even coordinates I had written down that were literally in green mist are taken.

So stop telling lies, tribe members, there isn't enough to go around, and you're just tickled silly that you're the ones who will be getting access to it all.
    In the area of my tribe there is about 7 220m minimum areas to place for tribes and thats just in my zone. I don't know what zone your working in but there is room. They just don't have the complete ideal conditions.