Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not that bad, really...

You know what, I'm ok with this decision for a non-split server. Yes, we all know Xsyon needs some more features and whatnot added. We don't all know exactly what features will be added though, or when.

Without vital information like that, I'm fine keeping it down to one server with a slightly altered rule-set. Later on, maybe we'll get a chance to destroy totems or raid homesteads, but for now... it works.

I like the game as is, knowing these things are wrong and knowing they need some changes. I'd rather see the changes occur slowly and naturally with the game development than harsh and sudden like the proposed split would have been.

Look what happens to game that try to change too hard, too fast - it happened with UO and SWG. Even WoW's gotten some flack over the past several months. The decision to slightly alter the rules and gradually add changes over time is one I'm fine with.

I like this game. I don't want to see it flushed down the toilet to appeal to one extreme or the other in terms of play preference.

Agreed, slow and natural changes is the right way to go. An evolving game....very cool.

EDIT: off topic: VGCATS =wicked.

I'm sure everyone who is a member of a decent sized tribe is gloating right now. They have won. So of course they're all quiet little suckups today.

As for my fellow soloer and small tribe crowd, you're mostly a bunch of worthless do-nothings who should be raising hell right now, but aren't.

Cowards.

I spit upon the ground in my contempt of you all, then I rage at your stupid complacency, then I spit upon the ground some more.

I shall fill Lake Tahoe with the saliva of my contemptuous and sputtering rage.

Oh dear. Maybe not. I'm reminded of Daffy Duck. But when we get this boring monochrome giant tribe world of boring sameness, very few of us will not be to blame. And I will be one of those few. I might be standing in a puddle of my own spit by then, but I won't be to blame.

Hey ifireallymust...could you give the game a chance at least? You are doing nothing but complaining and moaning all darn day. Even the people who complain all day are sick of hearing from you. Just try the game, and if you don't like it then leave. I will be soloing also and you do not hear me crying all day long. I will adjust and I will play and have fun. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Draakan View Post
    Hey ifireallymust...could you give the game a chance at least? You are doing nothing but complaining and moaning all darn day. Even the people who complain all day are sick of hearing from you. Just try the game, and if you don't like it then leave. I will be soloing also and you do not hear me crying all day long. I will adjust and I will play and have fun. Get over yourself.
    Oh well, I will let the zerg crowd and the RMT idiots have each other. You all deserve each other, and you deserve a boring game with a boring world to play in. Have fun.

I am a soloer and have no desire to be part of a tribe.

Off topic - Yes, I am licensed Chokobo Inbreeder

RMT?? We are talking about Xsyon right? Not sure where this came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Draakan View Post
    RMT?? We are talking about Xsyon right? Not sure where this came from.
    It'll happen. I guarantee. It happens in every game with a playerbase of more than a handful.

It's worse than not that bad, Lerxst, think about this: You play solo, and eventually either safe zones go, or you can move into an area with no safe zones. So you build a wall, right? Try to at least make invasion a bit of a pain in the arse?

No, so sorry. A tribe (or more like 10 warriors from some zerg tribe) plants a totem (they'll have left the main tribe temporarily to do so, of course) at your gate and proceeds to build (invulnerably, if there is any time period during which a tribe can plant a totem and not be attackable, which I could see happening). Your wall is now worthless stone, as a ramp built by your enemy goes right along it. And now they're in your keep, saying hi.

Say hello!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It'll happen. I guarantee. It happens in every game with a playerbase of more than a handful.

It's worse than not that bad, Lerxst, think about this: You play solo, and eventually either safe zones go, or you can move into an area with no safe zones. So you build a wall, right? Try to at least make invasion a bit of a pain in the arse?

No, so sorry. A tribe (or more like 10 warriors from some zerg tribe) plants a totem (they'll have left the main tribe temporarily to do so, of course) at your gate and proceeds to build (invulnerably, if there is any time period during which a tribe can plant a totem and not be attackable, which I could see happening). Your wall is now worthless stone, as a ramp built by your enemy goes right along it. And now they're in your keep, saying hi.

Say hello!
    As I said
    We don't all know exactly what features will be added though, or when.
    I'd rather see a small change like this happen that can then be balanced as time goes by and these issues have the potential to come up, than the major split that was planned.

Xsyon Citizen
    I'm with Lerxst, really happy to see some sort of compromise, and really happy to see the game back to "one world". I'd much rather learn to adapt to one set of rules than be torn between which world is right for me.