Question about Prelude and Official Launch

Well so I pre ordered this game, but apparently I am not allowed to play until March 15th? What is the point in allowing those who pre order after the launch of prelude to not be able to participate in prelude?

And will there be one final server wipe? Kind of unfair to let a select few build for a whole month with hardly anyone to fight then all of a sudden introduce a large amount of new players on one day.

Unless, of course, pre lude is just for practice and to get familiar with the game, and that there will be a wipe before official launch. I wish there was, but I doubt there will be.

I just don't see the logic behind allowing people to only join into prelude if they ordered before prelude started.

Awaiting March 15th....but I just fear by then the world will be built up like crazy and that there will be "world powers" so to speak. Tribes that are "too big to fail" because they got such an advantage during prelude.

I just think this whole prelude idea kind of ruined the launch. Correct me where I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    Well so I pre ordered this game, but apparently I am not allowed to play until March 15th? What is the point in allowing those who pre order after the launch of prelude to not be able to participate in prelude?

And will there be one final server wipe? Kind of unfair to let a select few build for a whole month with hardly anyone to fight then all of a sudden introduce a large amount of new players on one day.

Unless, of course, pre lude is just for practice and to get familiar with the game, and that there will be a wipe before official launch. I wish there was, but I doubt there will be.

I just don't see the logic behind allowing people to only join into prelude if they ordered before prelude started.

Awaiting March 15th....but I just fear by then the world will be built up like crazy and that there will be "world powers" so to speak. Tribes that are "too big to fail" because they got such an advantage during prelude.

I just think this whole prelude idea kind of ruined the launch. Correct me where I'm wrong.
    You have no idea how right you are to be worried. And if you plan to solo, it will be even worse for you.

Unless, of course, prelude is just for practice and to get familiar with the game, and that there will be a wipe before official launch. I wish there was, but I doubt there will be.

The amount of times you mis-used that word is astronomical The correct term you are referring to is pre-launch or headstart, which is expected to be on the 8th. That will be the FINAL wipe. Launch being the 15th. "Prelude" is just the term to describe the first 6-9 months where most people will be rebuilding, and feature supporting rebuilding will be focused on.

And I dont see your concern, most games give a headstart to people who preorder. Theres really no big deal.

If you preordered, you should be allowed into the game. I seriously doubt you have even tried...

No need to be condescending. It's really a disgusting and unnecessary trait IMHO.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I haven't been following this game for a long time like many of you experienced forum members probably have. So I don't really know much about it.

You are saying, March 8th is the final wipe and all those who pre ordered will be able to rebuild on March 8th? Giving them a 1 week head start on those who didn't pre order?

Am I on base here?

Edit: and I got into the game, they just sent the email a little bit after the receipt email. I figured I would just be redirected to a download page after purchasing, like with every other game in the world.

No need to be condescending. It's really a disgusting and unnecessary trait IMHO.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I haven't been following this game for a long time like many of you experienced forum members probably have. So I don't really know much about it.

You are saying, March 8th is the final wipe and all those who pre ordered will be able to rebuild on March 8th? Giving them a 1 week head start on those who didn't pre order?

Am I on base here?
    Yes.