Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alignment Facts

Everyone will be respawning at their totems.

PM:

"Yes, death spawning is on the task list, was supposed to be revised this week, but I'm dealing with the server change..." - Xsyon (02-21-2011 11:59 PM)

It was also talked about in a thread I've already pasted about 9000 times.

So I take it being able to kill an evil at their totem is no longer in the works? Which means going evil will let me port home from anywhere, any time, just by dying? Which means being evil means not being fenced out of my home, at any rate?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    So I take it being able to kill an evil at their totem is no longer in the works? Which means going evil will let me port home from anywhere, any time, just by dying? Which means being evil means not being fenced out of my home, at any rate?
    Nope, evils can still be killed in their territory.

If your home is "fenced in" (lol), you will be able to teleport back to your totem from anywhere, yes. Provided you can get out in the first place

This thread can't make up it's mind whether it wants current actual information, rumored information, or guaranteed to change "soon" (tm) information.

Just because it's in the works doesn't mean it works at launch, I guess is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Are we talkign Tribal or Personal alignment?

As for personal...

Good and Neutral:
    Pro - rezzes where they die, can spawn zerg a fight until they win.
    Con - rezzes where they die, has to walk home after a long trek to trade/hunt/explore.

Evil:
    Pro - rezzes at totem, can deathshuttle home from anywhere.
    Con - rezzes at totem, can't win any fight that takes place away from their tribal lands unless it is against other evil players who are also away from their tribal lands.
    Not true, it's not in yet but everyone will spawn at their totem and when death penalties will be in, it's not going to be good transport method.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Nope, evils can still be killed in their territory.

If your home is "fenced in" (lol), you will be able to teleport back to your totem from anywhere, yes. Provided you can get out in the first place
    Well, luckily it seems this griefer tactic won't be allowed, so I guess I can keep rolling as good, at least until someone irritates me enough to go evil the natural way.

But I do wonder, if I go evil by killing other players, does my own homestead totem boot me like a good tribe would, or will my totem just change to show my status as freshly-minted evil?

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    when death penalties will be in, it's not going to be good transport method.
    touche'

these threads are really getting old

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Not true, it's not in yet but everyone will spawn at their totem and when death penalties will be in, it's not going to be good transport method.
    Its going to quickly feel like a real pain to die haha, you reload the entire game (just like login) even if you are just 30 meters away from the totem you belong to.
    So first your going to see someone taking your loot for 30sec-min, and then you get 2-5 min reload time.

Add travel time between tribes going on warpath to

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I hadn't heard that everyone was going to get the deathshuttle, I am basing what I said off what happens right now.
    When you bloodgate home, do you bring your items with you? Or just what the enemy players haven't looted already in 30 seconds....