Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    Virtus: One question.. or rather a concern that occurred to me.. Will you also disable mobs while combat is disabled? Since we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves heh
    Most probably everything non-essential will be turned off to reduce the impact of lag. Without combat there's no hunting, so why even have animals spawned ?

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Most probably everything non-essential will be turned off to reduce the impact of lag. Without combat there's no hunting, so why even have animals spawned ?
    Heh well alternatively he could force pvp-invuln on everyone and leave the combat turned on, and let the wildlife be free, I guess

since when are they disabling combat? this is NEW and hasnt been communicated to ME.

On March 5 Jordi said nothing about combat going poof.

reread the peace server launch details.

it's now all one big peace server.

so we will be launching under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsk954 View Post
    since when are they disabling combat? this is NEW and hasnt been communicated to ME.

On March 5 Jordi said nothing about combat going poof.
    On the first page of this thread Virtus confirms he is following the "peace server" plan layed out here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-Xsyon-Updates

3) The final wipe and land rush will proceed in a controlled manner.

On the day of the final wipe, players will be able to enter the game and form their tribe charters, but not claim any land. This will allow tribes to form their groups and find their locations and then log on.

On the second day, players will be able to claim land, but terraforming will be turned off and combat will not be allowed on the Peace server. This will allow players to claim their lands without entire tribes being online, and once totems are placed, players can log off to reduce stress on the servers.

On the third day, everything will be turned on as normal and game play can begin.

Quote Originally Posted by randomt View Post
    On the first page of this thread Virtus confirms he is following the "peace server" plan layed out here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-Xsyon-Updates

3) The final wipe and land rush will proceed in a controlled manner.

On the day of the final wipe, players will be able to enter the game and form their tribe charters, but not claim any land. This will allow tribes to form their groups and find their locations and then log on.

On the second day, players will be able to claim land, but terraforming will be turned off and combat will not be allowed on the Peace server. This will allow players to claim their lands without entire tribes being online, and once totems are placed, players can log off to reduce stress on the servers.

On the third day, everything will be turned on as normal and game play can begin.
    Woah, wait. I didn't read the update as you did, apparently. So the final decision was to make one "peace" server, rather than a peace and war server? I thought it was going to be a compromise of two servers. It didn't really strike me that we'd all just be put in the peace server.

Woot its finally launch! Now stop, you cant play for three days. BUMMER!
    edit, i guess its only 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Woah, wait. I didn't read the update as you did, apparently. So the final decision was to make one "peace" server, rather than a peace and war server? I thought it was going to be a compromise of two servers. It didn't really strike me that we'd all just be put in the peace server.
    The Peace server is the original server. I assumed when they decided on one they wen't back to the original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    The Peace server is the original server. I assumed when they decided on one they wen't back to the original plan.
    no, the first launch attempt was the original. this is completely different than before.
    now instead we're forced to do what the vocal minority, aka "care bears", wants and beginning to limiting competitive game play.

By turning things off (delaying the main features in your game) it does not fix anything. It just delays the problem.

Am I missing something here?