Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    By turning things off (delaying the main features in your game) it does not fix anything. It just delays the problem.

Am I missing something here?
    Two things it could help with:

1. Absolutely everyone who can logged in at the same time (probably not typical in any MMO).

2. I tried to place a totem no one was around I lagged and crashed and then someone else got it and I want my spot!

But I still would have been happier with two servers, myself. Alas, we seem to be seriously in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    By turning things off (delaying the main features in your game) it does not fix anything. It just delays the problem.

Am I missing something here?
    If you can delay the problem until after the thing causing the problem has subsided then its a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    no, the first launch attempt was the original. this is completely different than before.
    now instead we're forced to do what the vocal minority, aka "care bears", want and beginning limiting competitive game play.
    Ah I see what you are saying. I suppose that is the case. Except that I would disagree that it has anything to do with anyones arguments. I think he is trying to minimize server load and spread the entire thing out over 2 days. I also think it was people crying about homesteaders keeping them from placing tribes. . not carebears. In fact Jordi stated specifically that it had nothing to do with any arguments by players. Anyway, after the first 2 days it is the same as before. . that is what I meant by it being basically the peace server.

I can see why you might be upset though. But honestly . . would you have time to kill someone before they could place a totem?

Quote Originally Posted by Xx1327 View Post
    no, the first launch attempt was the original. this is completely different than before.
    now instead we're forced to do what the vocal minority, aka "care bears", want and beginning limiting competitive game play.
    I'm pretty sure it won't technically be a "peace" server anymore. It just won't be a war server. I only say this because the game will still evolve with the community and now the game is said to evolve with both "peace" types and "war" types instead of just "peace" or just "war".

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it won't technically be a "peace" server anymore. It just won't be a war server. I only say this because the game will still evolve with the community and now the game is said to evolve with both "peace" types and "war" types instead of just "peace" or just "war".
    I am guessing that with prelude scheduled for 6-9 months even the crafting tribes will be looking for at least the option of declaring war sooner than that timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    I am guessing that with prelude scheduled for 6-9 months even the crafting tribes will be looking for at least the option of declaring war sooner than that timeline.
    Yeah... my opinion is that 6-9 months is the devs saying "let us have time to code/test/test/test awesomeness, please...". There's a lot that can happen within that time frame.

Even a crafting tribe can be rather ingenious, and create their own demand for their goods. A few well-placed raids / wars, and a demand for something like, say, obsidian or Master Craft objects can sky rocket.

Also, it's almost ironic, but a lot of "carebears" make GREAT PvPers -- they simply don't enjoy PvPing, hence the play style of choice.

PS; I hate the term "carebear". You see one of those fluffy bears cornered? They go all Bear God of the Green Mists on you. Especially when their crafting is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Ah I see what you are saying. I suppose that is the case. Except that I would disagree that it has anything to do with anyones arguments. I think he is trying to minimize server load and spread the entire thing out over 2 days. I also think it was people crying about homesteaders keeping them from placing tribes. . not carebears. In fact Jordi stated specifically that it had nothing to do with any arguments by players. Anyway, after the first 2 days it is the same as before. . that is what I meant by it being basically the peace server.

I can see why you might be upset though. But honestly . . would you have time to kill someone before they could place a totem?
    I wasn't necessarily talking just about the new launch protocol but the server becoming more akin to the peace server, as opposed to what it was originally.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Saolite View Post
    PS; I hate the term "carebear". You see one of those fluffy bears cornered? They go all Bear God of the Green Mists on you. Especially when their crafting is on the line.
    I think 'mama grizzly' was the laughable metaphor you were looking for.

See , the name carebears is really wrong for players in this game . Afterall there is Open World PvP , it just has safe zones so the server isn't really PvE . more PvE&P

This means players can PvP " if they choose to " . Now considering the open world PvP and the limited safe zones ( yes limited , a trribal area is a tiny tiny fraction of the actual game world ) , there are gonna be times when PvP is needed , so us " care bears " ( yes myself included ) will suddenly grow claws and make people wonder what hit them when they're back at their tribal spawn :P