Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    As indicated above, decay is NOT active yet.

And it wouldn't be a good idea to bind tools. That does not encourage people to team up for a common goal. If I have a hammer & you have a screwdriver, we still wouldn't be able to make something that requires those two tools since neither of us could use the other's tool.

I think a good compromise is to put a discouraging timer on character deletion/creation. You can only delete/remake your character once every 6 hrs or something. I'm sure that will twist somebody's panties in a knot here though & I'm sure they'll tell us all about it.
    Oh oh! Pick me! My panties are in a knot, and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Actually, for my own self, I don't care. Because of how launch is set to go, I don't have to worry about getting killed on the way to where I want to place a totem, then starting with nothing or waiting 6 hours to reroll.

Because I can start out with a saw as woodcrafter and still grind up tool crafting (though it takes awhile) I don't have to worry about needing extra tools.

Because I can be patient and stay in my starting area until I can make baskets, I don't have to worry about losing what I can't replace after my totem is down, either.

But for new players after launch, a reroll timer will make getting killed and looted incredibly annoying and discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Turned off or does not exist? I don't trust him at this point with anything he says. Been playing this game too long I guess...
    No you just came from MO 2.0

I re-rolled 10 times or so looking for the right combination of receipes. Like a storage bin, chalk receipe, in the off crafting areas and since I chose leather crafting as my main skill, I like certain armor better then others to start. And a cowboy hat is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    No you just came from MO 2.0
    rofl....please don't take me back to that game....

Is Jordi = Henrik in RL maybe?

lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Turned off or does not exist? I don't trust him at this point with anything he says. Been playing this game too long I guess...
    LMAO.... too long?

BigCountry
    Xsyon Subscriber

I have seen things change 3 or 4 times in a day, I have seen the server go from not even playable for more then 30 sec to being up for weeks at a time without such as a hickup. Jordi is the most forth coming with details of the game developer that I have ever seen in my 15+ years of gaming. He might not come out and tell us every detail of items in the game and that is by design. One of the features of the game is self discovery, however, when it comes to the features and design he will keep nothing in the dark. If he said that decay will be in the game... and has yet to change that in a statement... you can count on it BEING IN THE GAME!

People that come in here for a few weeks and start talking shit about the development team should spend a little bit more time here working with the group instead of looking for stuff to complain about because they have nothing better to do then troll forums and ruin the aspect of the game and dev team for everyone else.

I had complete confidence in Jordi until 3 days ago. When he announced 2 servers. Then back to 1 all in 24 hours. That was brutal. I have never in my 15 years of gaming seen anyone do something that crazy. You talk about a train wreck driven into a community. And doing something like that few days before a possible launch? Consumer confidence after something like that? Someone changing their minds that drastically overnight??

I was here 2 weeks prior to the first launch attempt. Dropped 40 bucks and the game ran georgous up to that point. I loved it, started a passion for it, promoted it. Now it runs like complete shit. What do you expect my attitude to be? I am just sick of candy coating everything. To me, if it's "turned off", it does not exist. Nothing personal.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by tredo View Post
    People that come in here for a few weeks and start talking shit about the development team should spend a little bit more time here working with the group instead of looking for stuff to complain about because they have nothing better to do then troll forums and ruin the aspect of the game and dev team for everyone else.
    I'm sure every syllable of that is true, but shameless brown-nosing is in poor taste.

Someone experimented with rapidly making and deleting characters and they found that if you do so, every character you make will start with fewer recipes. So there does appear to be a penalty for utilizing this technique.

I agree this system is totally flawed. All starter tools should be easy recipes that everyone gets and probably in the crafting field that it is used. This would eliminate so many problems... rerolling, new players getting gimped if attacked during spawn, etc..

But I also agree that this is probably way down on the increasingly long list

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Someone experimented with rapidly making and deleting characters and they found that if you do so, every character you make will start with fewer recipes. So there does appear to be a penalty for utilizing this technique.
    we should spread this rumor, even if it's completely made up