Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
As indicated above, decay is NOT active yet.

And it wouldn't be a good idea to bind tools. That does not encourage people to team up for a common goal. If I have a hammer & you have a screwdriver, we still wouldn't be able to make something that requires those two tools since neither of us could use the other's tool.

I think a good compromise is to put a discouraging timer on character deletion/creation. You can only delete/remake your character once every 6 hrs or something. I'm sure that will twist somebody's panties in a knot here though & I'm sure they'll tell us all about it.
Oh oh! Pick me! My panties are in a knot, and I can't wait to tell you about it!

Actually, for my own self, I don't care. Because of how launch is set to go, I don't have to worry about getting killed on the way to where I want to place a totem, then starting with nothing or waiting 6 hours to reroll.

Because I can start out with a saw as woodcrafter and still grind up tool crafting (though it takes awhile) I don't have to worry about needing extra tools.

Because I can be patient and stay in my starting area until I can make baskets, I don't have to worry about losing what I can't replace after my totem is down, either.

But for new players after launch, a reroll timer will make getting killed and looted incredibly annoying and discouraging.