Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

exploit? possible?

Im sure im no tthe first person to think of this:

what stops someone from creating a character, giving his buddy the starting tools and then making another character with differnet tools?

are the starting tools untradeable?
    is there a timer on character creation?

in the prelude i have a tool maker but cant find a stupid saw blade to save my life, could i take all my tools, put them in an unlocked basket in a little hidey hole, delete the character, make a new one with a saw and go get the tools from the basket? This doesnt seem too disturbing, but the thought of people on release day just makig and deleting characters to get tools seems unintended.

you can do this, but your starting tools are going to make crappy items - they are very poor quality and start with very low dura.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    you can do this, but your starting tools are going to make crappy items - they are very poor quality and start with very low dura.
    dura?

I have had nothing break in this game. Caught prob 1k fish with the same fishing pole....used 1 shovel to dig the Panama Canal....it's almost laughable...

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    dura?

I have had nothing break in this game. Caught prob 1k fish with the same fishing pole....used 1 shovel to dig the Panama Canal....it's almost laughable...
    They didn't turn item decay on yet..... I swear no one knows how to read

any saw is better than no saw. as for very low durablility ive used my hammer constantly and it hasnt broke yet. I love the game but it does seem a little silly that inorder to make a saw i need to wander around a scrap heap looking for 1 item that is randomly generated very rarely. all the other tools seem to have multiple combinations of ways to make them, except this one. Am i wrong? I may very well be.

back to the subject they should consider doing something about starting equipment not being able to be traded or something or invisible to characters on the same account.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    True, but with ALL the starter tools, you can actually be assured of having what you need to level up your toolcraft skill, make better tools, & not hit a wall in your solo progression. Granted, Jordi wants people to hit this wall so they are encouraged to play nice with others. But I'm just saying... LOL

You still seem to not be reading very well, decay has not been turned on yet he said, but it will. You need to do what i did, after giving up after 3 days of scavenging, I emptied my bags, put on some armor I made, and hunted down a nester at the junkyard start lands and looted me a saw.

Quote Originally Posted by canavm2 View Post
    any saw is better than no saw. as for very low durablility ive used my hammer constantly and it hasnt broke yet. I love the game but it does seem a little silly that inorder to make a saw i need to wander around a scrap heap looking for 1 item that is randomly generated very rarely. all the other tools seem to have multiple combinations of ways to make them, except this one. Am i wrong? I may very well be.

back to the subject they should consider doing something about starting equipment not being able to be traded or something or invisible to characters on the same account.
    As indicated above, decay is NOT active yet.

And it wouldn't be a good idea to bind tools. That does not encourage people to team up for a common goal. If I have a hammer & you have a screwdriver, we still wouldn't be able to make something that requires those two tools since neither of us could use the other's tool.

I think a good compromise is to put a discouraging timer on character deletion/creation. You can only delete/remake your character once every 6 hrs or something. I'm sure that will twist somebody's panties in a knot here though & I'm sure they'll tell us all about it.

Turned off or does not exist? I don't trust him at this point with anything he says. Been playing this game too long I guess...

In the total scheme of a launch, re-rolling for tools is probably way down on the list of concerns.